GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
What would be the target af? In other words, where would one want to be at 4K rpm, 5k, 6k and 7k?
JB4s biggest weakness is AFR controll but we "accept" leaner early RPM range as long as it richens up later, also not pushing the same amount of boost as many flashtunes.

Generally DI engines can run pretty lean under load but our engines are knock sensitive and puts a lot of pressure on the sparkplugs plus are happy in richer conditions, so if you are running boost heavy flashtune there is no reason to be leaner than low 12s or mid to high 11s really.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
JB4s biggest weakness is AFR controll but we "accept" leaner early RPM range as long as it richens up later, also not pushing the same amount of boost as many flashtunes.

Generally DI engines can run pretty lean under load but our engines are knock sensitive and puts a lot of pressure on the sparkplugs plus are happy in richer conditions, so if you are running boost heavy flashtune there is no reason to be leaner than low 12s or mid to high 11s really.
That makes sense. DI does benefit from starting lean and richening up while sweeping to redline. Thanks for answering my question

first gti log I ever saw was a Cobb tuned e50. That sent chills down my spine LOL