GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
We are just trying to help him with his fueling issue, if you are good and happy with your current there is no need to try a different.

I read on the JB4 Facebook page that some are saying that 8.6 actually runs smoother. I'm on 8.8 because " Added support for JB4 mobile v3.7 adapters".

George mentioned that 8.8 is shipping with current JB4 units.

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
@penyota I would honestly go for an ECU tune with that hardware. If not, have you tried working with George at Burger to setup custom map 6 that is safe for your car and fuel? I did on a few occations and on my previous car too, he's been very helpful with my latest E85 map that's great and gave my some very good dragy times.

Someone else said it, log a few map 1, 3rd gear only (and a bit of 4th) and go from there.

If you don't know what to look out for in the logs it's a dangerous guessing game and it can be temping just cranking everything up to 11.

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Happy with the 6B firmware, think I'll keep it a while longer, trims look fine and AFR is adjusting nicely.

Been playing a bit trying to dial in Launch Control with map 6. As you may know, with the DSG 7 speed you need to limit the boost up top else LC will act funky which is why map 4 (on later FWs only) was developed.

What I did on this run was to set the Max Boost 1st and 2nd gear to 5.0 while I kept the other values in my map 6. I've seen similar 1/4 and 0-100 km/h results but slighly slower times lowering boost at 6k and up. This one was 3.91s to 100 km/h. 100-200 km/h runs are low 10s on my current map and fuel on a flat road, I bet I could run high 9s if it was slightly (but still valid) downhill.

Not bad for a heavy AWD with so few mods. I think I'm at the edge of what's possible without an ECU tune.

Screenshot_20201112-082917.jpg

Screenshot_20201112-093842.jpg

Last edited:

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Happy with the 6B firmware, think I'll keep it a while longer, trims look fine and AFR is adjusting nicely.

Been playing a bit trying to dial in Launch Control with map 6. As you may know, with the DSG 7 speed you need to limit the boost up top else LC will act funky which is why map 4 (on later FWs only) was developed.

What I did on this run was to set the Max Boost 1st and 2nd gear to 5.0 while I kept the other values in my map 6. I've seen similar 1/4 and 0-100 km/h results but slighly slower times lowering boost at 6k and up. This one was 3.91s to 100 km/h. 100-200 km/h runs are low 10s on my current map and fuel on a flat road, I bet I could run high 9s if it was slightly (but still valid) downhill.

Not bad for a heavy AWD with so few mods. I think I'm at the edge of what's possible without an ECU tune.

View attachment 192264

View attachment 192265
I’m glad I just saw this. I recently attempted to do a dragy on map 2 and the launch control was not a fan. Are you fbo as well?

penyota

Car(s)
Leon Cupra 2019 DSG7

View attachment 192264

View attachment 192265
Hi!

It's pretty fast for an AWD

How can I get the 6B firmware?

Thank you

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Need help. Working with a friend to stack over his uni tunes. Ran a log in map 0 and then made a very conservative map 6 raising fol to 10 and mild boost increase.
With this setting he is saying he is getting cut out/sputtering while doing a pull.
Here is the log... I am running this without any issues. Both running is38. Any help would be appreciated!!!

https://datazap.me/u/fowvaydriver/r...g=0&data=1-2-3-4-14-15-25-26-27-28-34&mark=72

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Need help. Working with a friend to stack over his uni tunes. Ran a log in map 0 and then made a very conservative map 6 raising fol to 10 and mild boost increase.
With this setting he is saying he is getting cut out/sputtering while doing a pull.
Here is the log... I am running this without any issues. Both running is38. Any help would be appreciated!!!

https://datazap.me/u/fowvaydriver/r...g=0&data=1-2-3-4-14-15-25-26-27-28-34&mark=72

Is the attached your car, or his car? Your car is a 1.8, is his a 2.0? I'd check the spark plugs first. I don't see the sputtering on the logs.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Is the attached your car, or his car? Your car is a 1.8, is his a 2.0? I'd check the spark plugs first. I don't see the sputtering on the logs.
He is a 1.8 also. Alltrack. Just had him replace his plugs with ngk ruthenium.
log was just car. Yeah I didn’t see it either. looks Like uni is running a lot of timing advance compared to my apr tune. I am surprised.
he is going to do another pull tomorrow in map 0 and map 6. I will post up. Thank you!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
He is a 1.8 also. Alltrack. Just had him replace his plugs with ngk ruthenium.
log was just car. Yeah I didn’t see it either. looks Like uni is running a lot of timing advance compared to my apr tune. I am surprised.
he is going to do another pull tomorrow in map 0 and map 6. I will post up. Thank you!!

Wouldn't hurt to gap them to .024. I've been running mine at .024 for a while now with no issues. Throw this over to the 1.8 JB4 thread!