Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can I come too?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hoon have you considered coatings? I saw that a few of the parts that you're using are coated. I built a Nissan engine once a long time ago and literally had everything friction coated and thermal coated that was possible. I ended up putting 265,000 miles on that car. It was a 99 Maxima that I supercharged. Still ran good but it was getting tired.

Pistons skirts will be coated, but not planning any other coatings.

Compression is down on cyl 4 for me and it is burning some oil. I also toasted the clutches in the transmission so I got a whole new trans (which is cheaper than clutch packs, btw).

Best of luck, keep us updated :)

Yeah, as you know i've got the same symptoms. Will be interesting to see what the failure/wear item is because the car runs fine it just can't tolerate high boost.

What's the history on your motor? Was this one ever run with a turbo besides stock and EFR7163?

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I am switching to a TVS dsg though so I can add 3-4bar of pressure on the clutch packs.

Would be nice paying attention on the WOT clamping pressure when shifting, mine (TVS DQ381 stage3 file) was dropping pressure when shifting which cause clutch temps high. I got my car on the dyno to run 2 > 3 > 4 gear to see torque loss when gear shifting and it dropped a LOT. See dyno below red line:

Blue line is another file I am running now but not TVS as they told me they could not fix the torque loss I was having at that time.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Would be nice paying attention on the WOT clamping pressure when shifting, mine (TVS DQ381 stage3 file) was dropping pressure when shifting which cause clutch temps high. I got my car on the dyno to run 2 > 3 > 4 gear to see torque loss when gear shifting and it dropped a LOT. See dyno below red line:

Blue line is another file I am running now but not TVS as they told me they could not fix the torque loss I was having at that time.

interesting!!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Is anyone going to get the injectors cleaned and flow tested?
My DI are brand new, the mpi ones have probably 10k on them

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

THANAS

If you're referring to the dips between gears, why would dropping torque during shifts be considered a problem? There must be torque reduction during shifts for effective gearshift.

If you were getting overheating issues it was probably because of excessive clutch slip.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

a3scott20

Ready to race!
If you were getting overheating issues it was probably because of excessive clutch slip.

Yes I was getting clutch slipping right after gear change as the required clamp pressure cant keep up with torque. You can see below log that TVS their clamp pressure start from 8-9bar right after gear change, which is not enough for my torque, so clutch slipping and temp goes high. My current file starts clamp pressure from 13-14bar right after gear change.It is totally different feeling on WOT.

THANAS

I see what you're saying, an issue with the rate and level at which clamping load is reapplied after a shift. Which DSG software do you have at the moment?

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
I see what you're saying, an issue with the rate and level at which clamping load is reapplied after a shift. Which DSG software do you have at the moment?

Tvs engineering from netherlands. Dsg stg3 specifically.