-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hoon have you considered coatings? I saw that a few of the parts that you're using are coated. I built a Nissan engine once a long time ago and literally had everything friction coated and thermal coated that was possible. I ended up putting 265,000 miles on that car. It was a 99 Maxima that I supercharged. Still ran good but it was getting tired.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
My car is hopefully going in to the shop in the next month or so, same thing. Snow is already flying so I won't be doing the motor myself and I even have a lift, albeit a 4 post.

Compression is down on cyl 4 for me and it is burning some oil. I also toasted the clutches in the transmission so I got a whole new trans (which is cheaper than clutch packs, btw).

Best of luck, keep us updated :)

railroader

Autocross Newbie
My car is hopefully going in to the shop in the next month or so, same thing. Snow is already flying so I won't be doing the motor myself and I even have a lift, albeit a 4 post.

Compression is down on cyl 4 for me and it is burning some oil. I also toasted the clutches in the transmission so I got a whole new trans (which is cheaper than clutch packs, btw).

Did you get a a3/gti or R/S3 transmission. My other motor will be here tomorrow so I can get it in the car and start tearing down my old one and see how much damage my #1 has

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Did you get a a3/gti or R/S3 transmission. My other motor will be here tomorrow so I can get it in the car and start tearing down my old one and see how much damage my #1 has

had to get an A3 as the R/S3 gearing requires ecu changes for the mph/rpm calculation and I don't have anyone that can do that.

I am switching to a TVS dsg though so I can add 3-4bar of pressure on the clutch packs.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
had to get an A3 as the R/S3 gearing requires ecu changes for the mph/rpm calculation and I don't have anyone that can do that.

I am switching to a TVS dsg though so I can add 3-4bar of pressure on the clutch packs.
I had been tossing around that idea also, who are you gonna go through for the TVS....Mabo....lmao just kidding #Mabogate

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I had been tossing around that idea also, who are you gonna go through for the TVS....Mabo....lmao just kidding #Mabogate

Local guy is trying to become a dealer, would be the only one in Canada.

You guys should get one out on the west coast. TBH after speaking with them and reading the extent they go to to circumvent some factory limits with the mechatronics, I would drive 5-6 hours to get the tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

How much is a whole new trans?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Local guy is trying to become a dealer, would be the only one in Canada.

You guys should get one out on the west coast. TBH after speaking with them and reading the extent they go to to circumvent some factory limits with the mechatronics, I would drive 5-6 hours to get the tune.
Ya I have read a lot about them, I'll have do some digging and see what I can find