GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG not farting anymore and it ain't Beano!

greatoz

Ready to race!
or bueno, whatever. been a while gang, work's nuts and I haven't had must time to post.

Long story short, FBO 15 GTI and this morning the car stopped farting. What's more, it does it ECS on, ECS reduced, or ECS OFF. ambient temps low 60's F. also the DSG is shifting a LOT "softer" for lack of a better way to say it.

no codes, either.

weirdest thing this week...anyone else have any similar experiences?

greatoz

Ready to race!
good suggestion. that said, i had the DSG serviced last month and it was farting / shifting fine after the service. i'll have it checked again BUT this doesn't seem a likely culprit? not with a service < 30 days ago...

East_to_west

Ready to race!
Dude I've been having the same issue. Feels like I'm under-boosting and the shifts are soft. I just got my 60k service and it feels a little better, but still weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Don't own a DSG but maybe you should try an DSG adaptation. Maybe it's beginning to go...

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Good, DSG farts are stupid sounding and annoying :D no offense, I just don't like them. I know everyone else does...

Last edited:

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Depends on exhaust setup sometimes

I have full TBE (APR catted DP and CTS resonated CB).....and I don't get any farts

My MK6 was USP DP with Borla CB and it had booming farts. Sounded like a backfire almost

Both cars Stg 2

A tuned car will fart more than a stock one for sure

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Do the relearn procedure for all your DSG settings in VAGCOM. You're welcome ;).

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Do the relearn procedure for all your DSG settings in VAGCOM. You're welcome ;).

Do you have the adaptation procedure? I was looking for it online but couldn't really find it.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Do you have the adaptation procedure? I was looking for it online but couldn't really find it.

There is like 7 or 8 of them total if you go into Auto Trans and select "Basic setting" you will see these 4 settings that need to be reset...

-Calibration of synchro-points
-Reset clutch characteristic curve
-Resetting of all adaptation values
-Start double clutch fast adaptation

Your transmission fluid must be between 30-100°C to complete these procedures too. I had this exact same issue too a few weeks back and it makes a night a day difference... farting on every shift again lol. Really improves lockup, the reason its likely not "farting" on an upshift is because the clutches are slipping slightly. If you have the Performance Package, make sure you reset your VAQ diff calibration while you're at it too.