GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
RjRacing
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Ryan,
    I was hoping you could give me a little advice on stacking JB4 on an IS38. Arno and Jason at Smith suggested I search around online about the car that you had great results with your car. I've been into watercooled VWs for years, I just have no experienced with stacking. From the mods you listed on your vortex post when you ran a 12.2, our setups aren't that different.
    I'm sure you get asked all of the time for your recipe for your secret sauce, I was just hoping to see if there is a little more tuning that can be done with the JB4 beyond what George has recommended.
    Thanks for the time,
    Bob
    Hi RjRacing.

How are you?
    I have a quick question I wanted to ask you for some time.
    I ran into a post of yours called "The Denso IKH24 Thread + Plug Gapping and Install Tips!". The post, almost article is pretty good. Thanks.

In it you mention that the Denso IKH01-24 can be ran for up to 30K hard miles. Where did you read that? I run these spark plugs and they are awesome, 2nd to none so far, but I don't get the feeling they will last 30K miles. I run them on a MK7R Stage 2 FBO DD.
    Hi, i'm in the Philly area and just got a 17 GTI S. You had mentioned in a post that you know of a VW dealership who works with APR. Is that still the case?
    I'd love to get the Stage1 tune, but with only 1800 miles on the dash, I really don't want to eff up my warranty.

Thanks!
    G
    Hey! Quick question. I tried to find it again but what do you have your Bilstein B16's at? How many threads in the front and rear for a nice settled look with no rubbing on 18's?
    Hi there. I noticed on your build you have both the R intercooler and Forge Twintercooler. Im in the market right now for an intercooler and was thinking about going the same route as you. Did the R intercooler hold off well for you on a stage 2 tune and then you decided to upgrade with the twintercooler once you got the is38?

I am tuned with GIAC Stage 2 software and Im hoping that the R intercooler would be good enough until I decided to go is38 down the road.
    WOW THATS CRAZY LOL. THATS PERFECT RIGHT THERE ESPECIALLY ON HOW LIGHT THE CAR IS. WAS IT HARD TO INSTALLING THE TURBO? OR YOU HAD A SHOP DO IT
    Ahhhh, gotcha. Yeah I agree there will be rock chips... I'd probably keep touchup paint and clearcoat on deck after I decide to try it with mine.
    hey! see youre in philly! im in lancaster and would love to do some coding work at some point soon. Willing to make the drive out to you if needed. Thanks for your time!
    RJ, Saw your GTI in a thread. It's almost the exact same thing I want to do to mine (also white) when it comes in November. Have you thought about painting the grill, and front and rear diffuser black? That's something else I'd like to do to mine.
    Hi RJ
    Tomm morning I'm going for TCU upgrade ....I'm already stge2 APR...I've thought of 3,3.5,4 k LC and let the auto shift be there as I don't track the car.Is there anything else user definable ?Whats the kick down switch ?
    Thanks
    saw your from Philly. Maybe i've seen you... at the BK meets last year, or maybe on beach or luis street? Or at a Penrose meet once? lol. probably not in your mk7 though. maybe a different car...
    Can you share the part number of the Neuspeed end links you use/recommend? Are the they $229 adjustable ones ECS sells? Thanks so much for all of your great build and review content on GOLFMK7, been very helpful. I will be doing WWR springs as well as Michelin PSS on stock Austin's with Flush Spacer Kit. First priority is handling, then will work on power.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…