GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
I had a great experience with my dealer (Flow VW, Greensboro, NC). 2016 with 67K miles, Stage 2 APR, zero issues handling this warranty.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I had a great experience with my dealer (Flow VW, Greensboro, NC). 2016 with 67K miles, Stage 2 APR, zero issues handling this warranty.
As it should be with issues like this that are not in any way tune-related.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
As it should be with issues like this that are not in any way tune-related.
On top of that, I requested a carbon cleaning since I was at 67K miles. They quoted $391 and told me they would be in touch with the condition of the intake. They called back, and then followed up with video showing that I wasn't ready for a carbon cleaning (surprising) and thus, didn't sell me on it. Pretty stand up dealer in my opinion.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
And let the BS with the dealer begin….it’s a leaky thermostat housing so it’s not covered 😐
Yes it's covered, you just spoke to someone who was mistaken. Multiple success stories (and confused dealer precisely like yours) in this thread. Just need to 'splain them, loop in corporate, use another dealer, etc. and you'll be fine.

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo

That's good to hear, I'm probably going to end up going to Flow G-boro or Flow W-S when I get mine done. I'm at 68k miles and when I did my 65k oil change I noticed the reservoir level was almost down the the low line.

When you brought your car into them what did they ask and what did you tell them? Have you been needing to add coolant? If so, how long has it been going on and how many times have you needed to add? Thanks for any info/advice you might offer.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Gave VW of America a call this morning and within 45 minutes or so, I had an appointment scheduled with the dealer in town to get it replaced under warranty on Tuesday. I am very impressed with how fast VW customer care was overall. I figured this would be a days long process.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
That's good to hear, I'm probably going to end up going to Flow G-boro or Flow W-S when I get mine done. I'm at 68k miles and when I did my 65k oil change I noticed the reservoir level was almost down the the low line.

When you brought your car into them what did they ask and what did you tell them? Have you been needing to add coolant? If so, how long has it been going on and how many times have you needed to add? Thanks for any info/advice you might offer.
So I recently bought the car second hand from the original owner and smelled coolant (just like the other two MK7's I previously owned). The reservoir was topped off and didn't seem to lose much since I had been driving it, but I could see residue in the area of the thermostat housing and the tray at the bottom of the engine. I called and spoke to Thomas, he asked if I was tuned, and I didn't hide it and told him I was Stage 2 APR. I figured they would scan it anyway and find out so I wanted to be upfront and honest. I was hoping since they are an APR dealer they would be more familiar and comfortable with it. He was basically like, "yep, bring it in". I was ready to go to battle, but honestly it was pretty anticlimactic :)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
An update as it's just been 100 days today since the settlement.

Thank you for your email.

We are currently in the process of reviewing claim forms. Once all claim forms have been reviewed, claimants will receive further correspondence. For those claimants whose claim was determined to be valid, a reimbursement check will be sent once the process of reviewing all claim forms is completed. Otherwise, if there was any further information that needed to be provided or if the claim was denied, you would be notified as such. Due to the large number of claim forms that need to be reviewed, this will be a lengthy process. At this time, we do not have an expected mail date for further correspondence.

Please feel free to check back periodically for any updates. We will be happy to provide you with further updates once that information is available to us. Your patience is appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Water Pump Settlement Administrator

info@waterpumpsettlement.com

1-833-711-0261

Water Pump Settlement - 7577

PO Box 2636

Faribault, MN 55021-9636

TB

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
So I recently bought the car second hand from the original owner and smelled coolant (just like the other two MK7's I previously owned). The reservoir was topped off and didn't seem to lose much since I had been driving it, but I could see residue in the area of the thermostat housing and the tray at the bottom of the engine. I called and spoke to Thomas, he asked if I was tuned, and I didn't hide it and told him I was Stage 2 APR. I figured they would scan it anyway and find out so I wanted to be upfront and honest. I was hoping since they are an APR dealer they would be more familiar and comfortable with it. He was basically like, "yep, bring it in". I was ready to go to battle, but honestly it was pretty anticlimactic :)
Cool thanks for the info! I'm the second owner of my car, bought it with 24k miles on it and I've been smelling coolant since day one 4 years ago.

b_radley

Car(s)
GTI Autobahn/Perf pk
My 2016 Autobahn PP is in now for it's 3rd water pump housing in its 62,000 miles. Pretty ridiculous. Love the car but needing a new waterpump housing every 20k miles is ludicrous.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I received a letter from VW months ago. No issues with my 2017 GTI. Not near the 800000 mile mark
VW hasn't sent out letters yet. Only the law firm.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My 2016 Autobahn PP is in now for it's 3rd water pump housing in its 62,000 miles. Pretty ridiculous. Love the car but needing a new waterpump housing every 20k miles is ludicrous.
I'd suspect that's a problem with the installation rather than the part, no?

Tom1759

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Anyone know if a very slow coolant leak ends up being the thermostat housing will the dealer charge for checking it out? Or the extended warranty includes the dealer checking the car? I've had issues before where they couldn't find the problem and ended up charging me ~$200...

I have a very slow leak (goes from Max to Min line in the reservoir in ~5 months), not sure if its worth going to the dealer for.