GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Shame we can’t do a class action in Uk. I forked out £330 to have mine replaced by a local independent and vehicle had no more than 26k miles.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did the settlement get approved?

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Did the settlement get approved?
I just called the court, and they said yes! My next step was going to be live chat on vw.com to confirm (so I have something in writing to show the dealership if they give me the "no clue what you're talking about"), but nobody is available to chat at the moment. Luckily my coolant leak is much slower than the court system.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That's awesome! Especially since I think I have a very slow leak

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just called the court, and they said yes! My next step was going to be live chat on vw.com to confirm (so I have something in writing to show the dealership if they give me the "no clue what you're talking about"), but nobody is available to chat at the moment. Luckily my coolant leak is much slower than the court system.
You will need to wait until you get the official letter from VW here..hahaha...my guess is this will take a little while, it doesn't happen the minute the CA is settled. VW has to have reasonable time to deal with the settlement.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
You will need to wait until you get the official letter from VW here..hahaha...my guess is this will take a little while, it doesn't happen the minute the CA is settled. VW has to have reasonable time to deal with the settlement.
The complimentary fluid top-offs (even with no other work done) shall keep us calm as we wait, then. Interestingly, I had to top-off the coolant twice within a few months of each other last year, but it's been about a year since I had to, as if they used some leak-stop (I hope not).

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The complimentary fluid top-offs (even with no other work done) shall keep us calm as we wait, then. Interestingly, I had to top-off the coolant twice within a few months of each other last year, but it's been about a year since I had to, as if they used some leak-stop (I hope not).
So for the folks chomping at the bit - I take it you are out of warranty? Just get it fixed if you need to and you will be reimbursed if it's wihtin the 8/80K...that's always how these work.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So for the folks chomping at the bit - I take it you are out of warranty? Just get it fixed if you need to and you will be reimbursed if it's wihtin the 8/80K...that's always how these work.
Isn't it prorated for mileage

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Yeah, delivery date of early 2017 so I'm out of the original powertrain based on time. I'll be within the 8/80K water pump extension though. Reimbursement is certainly viable but really I just want to see something official in writing first (instead of relying on the court clerk's word) so I'll wait for that, given that I haven't had to top-up the fluid in like a year. The dealer framed it more like "want to do this? if not just keep an eye on it" not "fix this asap" so I don't feel like I'm neglecting the car.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Isn't it prorated for mileage
You're thinking of reimbursement for non-water-pump damage caused by the water pump issue. Like if you overheated and blew a gasket. Doing the water pump + tstat housing is fully covered, not prorated.

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
They will more than likely reimburse thermostat housing repairs. They usually do so with these settlements. Also, it might be present in Elsa well before owner notification.