GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CaptainRatty's is38 GTI.. I have no idea what I'm doing (kind of) build

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
More nudes! Had the wheels powder coated.

IMG_4775.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've become good friends with my local powder coater... Thinking about having the brakes re-done now. I'm thinking Smurftastic blue, but not 100% sold on it.

• Red- It works and while there are lot of other reds (a deep red with lots of flake would look nice) I probably don’t want to do anything in the red family
  • Yellow- Works for sure, but kinda overdone.
  • Green- No.
  • Neon yellow- That would also work, but that's a commitment.
  • White- No.
  • Metallic black- Eh, maybe
  • Orange- No.
  • Purple- I'd be all about on a silver wheel, but it would have to be very dark and I think I want more contrast against the bronze.

Smurftastic Blue
IMG_4884 copy.png

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Wow... That smurftastic blue is beautiful.

I'm thinking of going the same direction of powder coating if my calipers start peeling/fading.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
not really feeling it on your car......somehow, the blue with bronze with your car and all the pops of red......not sure....almost too dramatic. I guess I'd need an example of it on a car to really see how it all meshes. If you're going that dramatic.....neon green or yellow

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
not really feeling it on your car......somehow, the blue with bronze with your car and all the pops of red......not sure....almost too dramatic. I guess I'd need an example of it on a car to really see how it all meshes. If you're going that dramatic.....neon green or yellow
I like it as is; light blue is an attention whore grab, and like @swcrow said, the colors totally clash.
All of the red including all four brakes, the shift knob, and the intake would be replaced with Smurftastic blue. Time to play with photoshop.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
All of the red including all four brakes, the shift knob, and the intake would be replaced with Smurftastic blue. Time to play with photoshop.
Change the red line in the grill and lights too

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
keep red or burgundy and add a pearlescence.......