Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Chilling in Helen with another VAG car.
IMG_5171.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
so what goes on there? I've always thought about rolling there, but the "schedule of events" always baffles me.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
so what goes on there? I've always thought about rolling there, but the "schedule of events" always baffles me.
It's a multi-day show/ event. There's the "official schedule of events," and then there's the some less organized meets and group drives. It's a good mixture of stuff to look at and enjoying the north Georgia roads.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's a multi-day show/ event. There's the "official schedule of events," and then there's the some less organized meets and group drives. It's a good mixture of stuff to look at and enjoying the north Georgia roads.
ah....so it's a legit event with formal schedule.....that makes it more enjoyable and plannable.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It's great man...done it the last 2 years. We just get a place and stay for the week. Lots of mini events "meets" and a single "show"...the point isn't the show/meets really, it's hanging out and driving similar to WiTW...the roads are great....Suches Loop is the "Georgia Dragon".

What is baffling you? Just that there are lots of small meet ups/events all week?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's great man...done it the last 2 years. We just get a place and stay for the week. Lots of mini events "meets" and a single "show"...the point isn't the show/meets really, it's hanging out and driving similar to WiTW...the roads are great....Suches Loop is the "Georgia Dragon".

What is baffling you? Just that there are lots of small meet ups/events all week?
baffling as in "never been to one". Closest thing I ever did was hit an H2O decades ago....which sucked

tigeo

Autocross Champion
baffling as in "never been to one". Closest thing I ever did was hit an H2O decades ago....which sucked
Ah got it. This is much more mature...I mean I even like it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
and that says a lot lol
Yeah, not much of a stance boi/show person but this one is fun. We have a big wagon meet followed by a MK7 wagon mountain cruise...last year was epic. I didn't go to much else as again...not really my thing but that's kind of the point...see what you want/self-guided car event in a cool town. Lots of fun tubing, drinking, etc. The main event is cool with all the vendors etc. Shopdap Paul/Humble Mechanic Charles have an event which is great - those dudes are legends! My sons and I actually took both wagons the first year....I was shocked the W8 made it the 1000 miles to/from.

20220520_195233.jpg
20220520_195716.jpg

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I've been thinking of going for the last 2 yrs but the 2 youngins still being in school and it being a bit of haul from TX makes me think about it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
that polizei beetle got me sprung for some reason