GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CaptainRatty's is38 GTI.. I have no idea what I'm doing (kind of) build

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I think that's the crux of my question. If you didn't have any issues, but still chose to do it, and you didn't see any meaningful changes after you did it, then why bother?

Peace of mind plain and simple.

or

the forum echo chamber said I should o_O

when did the newer revisioned injectors come out? post 2018?

Not sure when they were released, but I picked up the 06A 906 036 K’s. Apparently they had an even newer revision at the time "06A 906 036 Q” but those were substantially more expensive so I went with the K variant. Not sure if that helps or not lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hey Ratty, maybe I missed it but I looked at your final log. I see torque is around the 420 area, but what is the hp?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hey Ratty, maybe I missed it but I looked at your final log. I see torque is around the 420 area, but what is the hp?
I don’t think the torque numbers in the AP are accurate at all. It’s only an is38 on pump gas. I’d estimate 360WHP/TQ

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I hate my BFI DSG shift knob. It's just not made well for the DSG for whatever reason, there's a ton of tolerance between the shaft and the knob and it rattles. I'm sure it's installed correctly.

What are the better alternatives?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Sportshifter

Very tiny amount of play if you try and find it. Extremely smooth action and feels awesome in the hand. I bought the Uro Tuning version because I was trying to sneak it under the finance radar but would love a custom version.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I hate my BFI DSG shift knob. It's just not made well for the DSG for whatever reason, there's a ton of tolerance between the shaft and the knob and it rattles. I'm sure it's installed correctly.

What are the better alternatives?

I have a Raceseng one. I had a BFI one, and hated it as well. Lasted about a month in my car.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
stock with a minor upgrade

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don’t know… I installed a used knob and matching bfi boot yesterday and it works fine and smooth without rattling - I did notice how the way it’s Gets installed does have some variables that I did have to adjust while installing it cause i could make it perform with the various online complaints (ratting against itself, hard to lift and not go down on its own). I know what I did to make it not rattle was after I put in the set screw for the plastic center I pulled a little tension on it then tightens the set screws. Also I noticed that when I tighten the knob on after I have to loosen it a tiny click from good n tight cause it binds up and doesn’t lift and drop as smooth. Also when you use their boot it deff. Fixes the ugly skinny shaft and bunched up boot that the bfi knobs are plagued with.

5921A641-10D8-4D23-8842-7AEFAA15184B.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I keep seeing oil mist around the oil cap. I’ve already replaced the cap with the latest revision. Thoughts?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Looks good! how did you attach them?
You drill eleven 5/32nd holes into the underside of the OEM side skirt and then they attach with the supplied T20 screws and washers. Aligning the rear and forward most holes first along with the divots in the Aerofabb piece made it easy to know when it was perfect. It took me about an hour and I would have been done in 30 min if I had someone to hold it steady as I drilled the first pilot holes.

An important step after you drill the pilot holes is to take a razor blade and cut off the plastic bits that are pulled through the hole you drill. Between the alignment notches and the precision of the length and width of the piece, the fitment tolerance can be measured in millimeters and I can see how if it can't sit 100% flush against the OEM skirt, it's not going to be even.

Last edited: