GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
So is the consensus the IE turbo is better?

I like the look of the APR system minus the fact that I need to downgrade to the stock downpipe. And as for why I don't custom tune with an AP and local tuner, 1: I have not found a reputable custom tuner in my area, 2: I'm more of the mind to somewhat tune it and forget it, and 3: I go to USP because I do not yet have the space to work on my car myself and be pulling turbos, installing coil overs, engine mounts, and all of that.
The Garrett offering is good for quicker spool on IE's software. The DTR6054 is good for top-end performance albeit at a slower spool.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 2260 on a manual Golf R tuned by EQT. It can be tricky to handle boost as it starts spooling (have logs), but EQT has the worldwide customer experience to get the turbo dialed in perfectly, it is like having a IS38 with steroids.
Conclusion: perfect daily driver.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I had always thought it was basically an FP Green which is a TD06H with a billet compressor. I was running right at 50 lb/min on my DSM with one on lots of methanol from a secondary injection system. The more things change the more they stay the same. Is there a way to infer airflow through a Cobb log on these cars that don't have a MAF?
It's not. It uses a TD06SL2 turbine with a custom compressor wheel that's similar in size to the GTX3071 compressor. You can look at air mass, but its modeled and not all that accurate at these levels.

-- Ed

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We're talking about IE's turbo, the 2260.

Guys what's the difference between the IE 2260 and the PowerMax Stage 1?

Lloyd rule

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7