GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yep, a doctor in Utah was flipping channels, watched the show, bought a truck from them, had it tested, and the rest is history. He reported them to the EPA and both sued the owners. Seriously, that's what started the EPA going after companies producing emissions defeat devices for gas cars too.

On top of the 850,000 fine, they were ordered to pay 1.2 million in legal fees for the plantiffs.

This is why APR and Cobb won't sell you anything that defeats any part of the emissions system, even if you don't live in California.

They have been going after diesel emissions cheats prior to Deisel Bros, but they ramped up the heat after that case and started moving from civil fines, to looking at criminal cases. They started sending cease and desist letters to companies like Cobb and APR. It's definitely had a ripple effect in the entire aftermarket industry.

It has zero to do with California. Defeating emissions equipment is a federal crime.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32533...50000-fine-for-tampering-with-truck-emissions
Lol at this video linked in that article

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lol at this video linked in that article
It's funny, because it shows they knew what they were doing was wrong, which is why they were fined 850,000 + 1.2 million in legal fees.

tehfalcon

Considering at least two motors have imploded after a DTR install (That we know of), you should probably attain a real tune. What do you use for logging to confirm "everything is fine"? Share the log via datazap?
You’re insane if you think motors blew because of the DTR. Motors blow on every turbo out there including stock. I monitor live data right on my dash with PolarFIS. Absolutely nothing indicating any issues, car drives perfect, and I have almost 10k miles on it this way :)

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
You’re insane if you think motors blew because of the DTR. Motors blow on every turbo out there including stock. I monitor live data right on my dash with PolarFIS. Absolutely nothing indicating any issues, car drives perfect, and I have almost 10k miles on it this way :)
Polar FIS is a nice gadget LOL