GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Gomze

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 gti performan
thanks guys,
what do you think of the turbo is20 hybrid '? the jb4 would it not be more compatible?
of is20 to advise in hybrid?

The Dude

Drag Racing Champion
thanks guys,
what do you think of the turbo is20 hybrid '? the jb4 would it not be more compatible?
Hybrid turbos are usually even larger, so the JB4 is less able to properly regulate fueling. There are places in europe that can tune you for flex fuel too.

Lord_Flexington

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
thanks guys,
You can run a JB4 on a unit like a TPC20 however you are much better off with a full ECU tune.

it can be done. but you are leaving alot of performance on the floor with just a jb4.

MKSeven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
My friend is telling me to go TPC38 instead of XL, I'm sure this was already mentioned before, but are there any advantages of going TPC38 over EQT's XL?

MKSeven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Nope. Even if there were the potential benefits are not worth sacrificing the outstanding rack record of the XL.
For sure! I'm still looking forward to getting XL, so I think I may just stick with that plan, especially since they're around the same price.

Lord_Flexington

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
My friend is telling me to go TPC38 instead of XL, I'm sure this was already mentioned before, but are there any advantages of going TPC38 over EQT's XL?
Yea the TPC units are pretty awesome and built, sourced, machnied and everything in-house by a great team of persons.

I would absolutely run that unit over an XL. I'll take knowing I can talk to the people who actually created it over third party anyday.