GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
My friend is telling me to go TPC38 instead of XL, I'm sure this was already mentioned before, but are there any advantages of going TPC38 over EQT's XL?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
My friend is telling me to go TPC38 instead of XL, I'm sure this was already mentioned before, but are there any advantages of going TPC38 over EQT's XL?

Nope. Even if there were the potential benefits are not worth sacrificing the outstanding track record of the XL.

Last edited:

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Nope. Even if there were the potential benefits are not worth sacrificing the outstanding rack record of the XL.
For sure! I'm still looking forward to getting XL, so I think I may just stick with that plan, especially since they're around the same price.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yea the TPC units are pretty awesome and built, sourced, machnied and everything in-house by a great team of persons.

I would absolutely run that unit over an XL. I'll take knowing I can talk to the people who actually created it over third party anyday.

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
Halfway through the tuning for my TPC38 journal bearing
Pump 93, no MPI, A2b RS3 LPFP, HPFP.
Much more power to get.
Sneeky tuned as well. Yes I’m running both a tune and turbo from merchants that people have been talking a lot of shit about. Both have been nothing but amazing to work with. *keep in mind my IATS were climbing over 140 im assuming due to lack of ventilation on the Dyno, or my eBay sandwich IC*

Attachments

• 2345E168-69FC-4668-99A7-904844CD7BB3.jpeg
    2345E168-69FC-4668-99A7-904844CD7BB3.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Halfway through the tuning for my TPC38 journal bearing
Pump 93, no MPI, A2b RS3 LPFP, HPFP.
Much more power to get.
Sneeky tuned as well. Yes I’m running both a tune and turbo from merchants that people have been talking a lot of shit about. Both have been nothing but amazing to work with.
I haven't worked with Sneeky but I have worked with TPC and they were great. How many tune revisions so far? I'm at 416 HP and 428 torque on a TPC20 turbo.

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't worked with Sneeky but I have worked with TPC and they were great. How many tune revisions so far? I'm at 416 HP and 428 torque on a TPC20 turbo.
3rd revision on the Dyno, ran out of time because I was having trouble with my ECU going into recovery mode (low voltage) and the Dyno operator had other customers waiting.
That TPC20 Is putting in some work though
I’m not gonna make any where near the power I can until I throw MPI on.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
3rd revision on the Dyno, ran out of time because I was having trouble with my ECU going into recovery mode (low voltage) and the Dyno operator had other customers waiting.
That TPC20 Is putting in some work though
I’m not gonna make any where near the power I can until I throw MPI on.
How come your torque drops and doesn't hold for the majority of the run till redline?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
If I recall correctly you are running E with MPI right?

Looking forward to getting my pumps installed. its been such a an extended winter.