GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

400whp GTI vs 525whp Cobra

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Poor subie. I had a little fun last night for the first time with the GTI too.
https://youtu.be/4uxmdUMAH1Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice runs!

Oh wow and that is on 93 oct?

Yes, the timing is low enough that i can use any 93 without concern. Daily driver stuff. :)

oof. Time to get back on the sauce.

I have zero motivation to touch the car until Cobb releases MPI support. Anything else is just time and expense going into a temporary setup.

When MPI is a thing it'll be on all the sauce.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'll probably have the vid tomorrow, Cobra came out on a 540whp tune.

3 runs, first one I spun my ass off, second one I spun but hooked a bit better and lost by about 1.5 cars, 3rd one I was given the hit, cut boost and threw an EPC light.

I think the car was grumpy from the brake boosting.

I was losing regardless up top, but if I could have hooked it would have been a great race. No rematches planned, Cobra is going to get a lot faster.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I'll probably have the vid tomorrow, Cobra came out on a 540whp tune.

3 runs, first one I spun my ass off, second one I spun but hooked a bit better and lost by about 1.5 cars, 3rd one I was given the hit, cut boost and threw an EPC light.

I think the car was grumpy from the brake boosting.

I was losing regardless up top, but if I could have hooked it would have been a great race. No rematches planned, Cobra is going to get a lot faster.

Told ya that 4th gear lol

That's always where these cars lose. Making me consider the laggier snails after is38 bites the dust.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Great commentary. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
A friend recently picked up a super clean SN95 Cobra with a blower, made 540whp on the same dyno I use.

Going to get together this weekend for a few fun runs. It's a stick car on DRs vs my car on street tires. Probably go from 60mph because it's still cold here. In the spring he'll be making 200whp more, so it's now or never lol.

I've got a pretty good weight advantage but it's not going to make up for 140whp.

Curious as to predictions on how many car lengths I'm losing by...

Edit:

Race video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaFX6W8OPU
Good run Hoon , I cant wait tot get my," larger turbo" what has been your closest race so far, and how do you like the fire hawks? I'm currently on Hankook Ventus V12 evo2.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
nice videos.. so that is what Hoon looks like lmao

damn that Mustang is fucking fast. Happy to see an old Cobra that hasn’t been turned into a shit box

He's got serious plans for it, i can't wait to watch it progress. He bought it a couple months ago and it made 34xwhp. Its up about 200whp and there's another 250+whp to go in the next 6-8 weeks.

Hoon is it weird if you look exactly like how I would picture you xD

A little, lol.

Great commentary. Thanks for sharing

Glad you enjoyed

Good run Hoon , I cant wait tot get my," larger turbo" what has been your closest race so far, and how do you like the fire hawks? I'm currently on Hankook Ventus V12 evo2.

The Indy 500s are a good tire for the money, but it's really not a soft enough tire for the power level.

Next one will be Hankook RS4s...not that they would have done any better on a 35 degree day.

This turbo has been on the car since early november, so it's been winter and only about 4500 miles. No close races so far. Destroyed several <350whp cars, and got my ass kicked by this Cobra...nothing in between yet.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Nice video.

I've never done any racing outside a 1/4 track before. I'm honestly confused how these things get arranged. Up here in Portland I have very few car friends, and nobody I know personally that would be a good match for me.

I've never had randoms roll up beside me and rev their engine either.

I've driven modified cars for nearly 18 years now and it's happened once, in my old truck, with another truck, in the rain... I was like, nah i'm good.

I am just about done with my tune and plan on doing 1/4 runs when the tracks open ,but would love to have a bit of other fun.

Would stickers work? What do I do to attract bait? lol

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Nice runs Hoon!! i forgot you were 6MT or DSG? I liked the commentary also. ..nice to see how much go-juice our cars have against more than double displacement engines with blowers!! I wonder how much heavier the newer mustangs "w/coyote" are and how they would stack up.

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Nice runs Hoon!! i forgot you were 6MT or DSG? I liked the commentary also. ..nice to see how much go-juice our cars have against more than double displacement engines with blowers!! I wonder how much heavier the newer mustangs "w/coyote" are and how they would stack up.

My is38 tin can car collects coyote tears unless boosted. I can take up to a 2016 FBO manifold, or ported manifold, e85 radial car as long as my car is running good. However it's the 4th gear in those cars that will put a hurting on a non big turbo GTI so you gotta have atleast similar wtq and jump out on em. Then shut it down before they pass you and tell everyone you bussed them and they owe you money.