GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 SE with 6500 miles throwing codes for the turbo.. help (attached log from obd11)

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Just a quick update.. No more light and I have boost. For now... I'm keeping my vw appointment though.

I'd they scan my car, can they see that I had the codes before I cleared them? I'm guessing no?
I don't think they can. Make a copy of what you posted above and show it to them.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
There is a 0.000001% chance they will give a shit about OBD tweaks lol. The fact is, all of those lighting and remote fob changes have absolutely nothing to do with the engine/ECU programming. I’ve had a headlight and power steering rack replaced under warranty and I drove into the dealer with all the marker lights disabled and 10-color ambient lighting coded lol. It’s the last thing on their minds, I really wouldn’t worry about it. You’re under warranty so let them figure it out!

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I wasnt so much worried about my lighting and soundaktor tweaks in OBDeleven but more so driving around for a week with a bad turbo (from what I gather that first code means turbo replacement). And I also read someone else's post that it may take 4-6 weeks for a turbo to even be available.

I never had any issue with my Focus ST or Fiesta ST but did have the turbo on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 blow at 11k miles. I always let turbo cars warm up before I push them into boost. Im perplexed..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I wasnt so much worried about my lighting and soundaktor tweaks in OBDeleven but more so driving around for a week with a bad turbo (from what I gather that first code means turbo replacement). And I also read someone else's post that it may take 4-6 weeks for a turbo to even be available.

I never had any issue with my Focus ST or Fiesta ST but did have the turbo on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 blow at 11k miles. I always let turbo cars warm up before I push them into boost. Im perplexed..

They can't read past codes but you could have a pending code. I seriously doubt the turbo is bad or the codes would still be active. And you wouldn't have boost again.

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
They can't read past codes but you could have a pending code. I seriously doubt the turbo is bad or the codes would still be active. And you wouldn't have boost again.
The EPC light is back on today. It is definitely an intermittent thing..I took a picture of the 0 boost and epc light for service next week.

Last edited:

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
This kind of post is what makes me so fucking worried about getting my car flashed at 1k miles. I know the rate that this happens is small (miniscule actually), but with my luck, something is bad in my car from the get-go.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
With the JB4 being what it is today I wouldn't consider a flash tune until you know the car is not a lemon.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
This kind of post is what makes me so fucking worried about getting my car flashed at 1k miles. I know the rate that this happens is small (miniscule actually), but with my luck, something is bad in my car from the get-go.

Don't do it yet and drive everywhere for the next 5k miles at full boost all the time? The second its warmed up, just stay flat on the gas for everything. Local roads, freeway, in the drive thru, etc.

That way you'll know if the turbo is solid or not before you flash.

This logic can not be argued.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Don't do it yet and drive everywhere for the next 5k miles at full boost all the time? The second its warmed up, just stay flat on the gas for everything. Local roads, freeway, in the drive thru, etc.

That way you'll know if the turbo is solid or not before you flash.

This logic can not be argued.
Yeah, I know. One of my biggest faults, too worried about shit. I'm still gonna do it, especially now since I agreed to beta test the 7spd GTI EQT tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I certainly understand the bad luck part. Just stay with proven parts and tunes and maintain your car to higher standards than the manual calls for.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

HUGE difference between getting a battle-tested flash and handing someone a device which exposes variables for anyone to adjust. Be worried about bricking your ECU because your internets tell you that for $99 you too can be an elite VAG ECU l33t hax0rz and update variables which are typically only exposed to engineers and technicians. As long as that's not you, you'll be fine.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The OBDEleven stuff is fine...zero issue. You have a wastegate issue and nothing you have messed with using it could have any impact on that.