GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I kicked the GTI out of the garage to work on a family members tiguan. Will be replacing an injector and hoping that solves the problem.
I’m comfortable around tools but YouTube is fantastic. I like humble mechanics videos as they’re detailed and he works on cars like someone who cares. Intake manifold came off within an hour. Just waiting for parts to arrive.
Another thing regarding the gen 3 ea888. I’ve heard that carbon buildup isn’t an issue on these engines and from the looks of the intake valves on this 87k mile motor, I would say that’s a correct statement. I’ve only seen videos of the real gunked up valves but still, this looks pretty good. View attachment 283325View attachment 283327
Those valves do look ok.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I randomly scanned for codes on the AP and got P2279 Air intake system leak, P0068 MAP/MAF throttle position correlation, and P0106

Car drives fine, no CEL/EPC. I wouldn’t have known about the codes if I didn’t check for the hell of it.

Where should I start?

EDIT: I’m a dummy. The dip stick wasn’t all the way in.

Last edited:

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Got to 30k on the way to work today

IMG20230610092735.jpg

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Got in it to discover I'd left it unlocked overnight and some junkies stole my COBB Accessport.

Luckily I still have the pre-EPA crackdown EQT Stage 2 tune on my computer. Is there any reason to contact COBB about the stolen one? Can I just pay for a new one and be good to go? Will this old .ptm file from EQT work with a new Accessport?

Car hasn't been flashed in years, is unlikely to be soon, so really just an annoyance. Sad that there are people desperate enough to be rifling through someone's car at 5am.

IMG_1517_small.jpg

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Got in it to discover I'd left it unlocked overnight and some junkies stole my COBB Accessport.

Luckily I still have the pre-EPA crackdown EQT Stage 2 tune on my computer. Is there any reason to contact COBB about the stolen one? Can I just pay for a new one and be good to go? Will this old .ptm file from EQT work with a new Accessport?

Car hasn't been flashed in years, is unlikely to be soon, so really just an annoyance. Sad that there are people desperate enough to be rifling through someone's car at 5am.

View attachment 283465
The flash is locked to the AP IIRC. Contact Cobb to find out what you can do.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Well behind on working on the GTI... between yesterday and today I cleaned the wife's OEM SQ5 wheels and my summer wheels. The SQ5 go on storage, and my summers got coated with Opti Coat Pro, and Optimum Tire Coating. I hate doing the tire coating by hand, as Optimums coating dries rather quickly, but my compressor is not plugged in yet, I can see some stroke marks from the foam but I'm sure no one will see them as I drive by. Noticed some streaking, so I may do a second pass before installing them tomorrow.

The good thing is that it is formulated to breakdown with Optimum Power clean, and as long as I use a Ph neutral soap the coating won't degrade. Wheels grabbed a little sheen, expected when coating satin wheels.

1686422861623.jpeg

1686422877831.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 283465

You're probably SOL. The tunes are locked to the AP's serial number. Since the new AP will have a different serial number, the tunes won't work. You could try asking EQT if they could update your current tune to work with a new AP, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I have heard of Cobb offering a discount if you have a police report saying it was stolen, but no first hand experience myself.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

View attachment 283465
Man those wheels are sexy.