GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
View attachment 267843

Not what I did, but what someone else did.

Backed into my car while my wife was driving. Driver gave all her info, begged not to call insurance because of issues, said will pay out of pocket. Small town, so we know who she is and where she lives/works.

Trying to decide on calling my insurance, or just taking to body shop....Nervous because shes Urano Grey....😩😭

🚨“don’t call my insurance”🚨

Save the headache and file the claim.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Your shadow looks like/reminds me of:

Side question though....did you ever get the exhaust done on the Passat?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Car sat for a week and then the first time I started it up I got a low coolant light. Was definitely below the min line, the reservoir was practically empty. Topped it off and it was fine for the 40 miles I drove after.

Just hit 37k miles, excited to start playing this game.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Car sat for a week and then the first time I started it up I got a low coolant light. Was definitely below the min line, the reservoir was practically empty. Topped it off and it was fine for the 40 miles I drove after.

Just hit 37k miles, excited to start playing this game.
I'm playing this game with you. Hit 43k and having to top it off here and there.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Managed to place 1st in my class (out of 3 LOL) at autocross for the first time ever yesterday. Suspension improvements helped, as well as advice from more experienced drivers. I also took the time to walk the course 3 times to fully study it beforehand. My current setup and alignment felt absolutely perfect -- lively but composed. I was able to rotate the car on command, but never got into a situation where the oversteer took over or felt like the car was driving me. Definitely feel like I'm improving because each run I was able to effectively focus in on fixing multiple sections and improving my time.

Autocross, 2021-2022
Effectively managed deliverables on tight deadlines.
Optimized key operational processes to improve project turnaround times.
Coordinated with stakeholders to gather requirements.
Identified key components for improvement and integrated into roadmap strategy.
Synthesized feedback into actionable next steps.
Led a team of rules enforcement officers, reporting to leadership.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hit a pothole so hard it knocked my rearview mirror off. :(

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
View attachment 267843

Not what I did, but what someone else did.

Backed into my car while my wife was driving. Driver gave all her info, begged not to call insurance because of issues, said will pay out of pocket. Small town, so we know who she is and where she lives/works.

Trying to decide on calling my insurance, or just taking to body shop....Nervous because shes Urano Grey....😩😭

If you know who she is I would give her till the end of the week to meet you at a body shop of your choosing and pay for it to get fixed. If she don't show up, follow up with a police report and call her insurance with the information. Almost all companies now require a report number before they even entertain your call. If you file with your insurance, you will probably still have to do the report, they will fix your car and attempt to recoup the money from her... it's a mess.

Also, talk to your insurance, as most companies, USAA included as we just found out will count this as a notch against you if you file through them. Once you initiate a claim, its there on your record, even if you don't follow through an finish it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Woof. I caught one last week that tripped my windshield wipers. Thankfully after I had swapped out the highly bendable summer wheels.
Yep, main reason I buy only JWL rated (or better) wheels. Potholes and just general road imperfections around construction areas will bend the shit out of Rotiforms, Konig, Enkei's and other popular brands. Basically anything cast or flow formed. I got tired of replacing wheels, so I started buying nicer shit. No more problems lol. Sucks that the roads are that bad here.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

When my GTI was 2 weeks old I met Clifford Montez.

Muthafucker smashes into me and has the audacity to ask if we can settle it for cash.

I was like: "Do you have $2000 in your pocket right now?"

He didnt.

It ended up being $3700 anyway. Also had to use my own insurance cause Mr. Montez wouldn't answer the phone when his company called. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I can empathize. Same thing happened to me a few months back...
Were you instantly raging mad? I was, because as much as I pay in taxes, I expect the roads to be better than that. I still haven't found all the pieces to the mirror assembly, who knows where the hell that all went.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Donut tire pressure checked, and adjusted. Car is ready for our road trip to Italy next weekend
B6019A5B-6325-46EF-97D8-DAFF7FB74976.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Started to wire my tail lights for the dynamic blinker to be active, but upon looking at Zero's diagram and eyeing my wiring kit, I don't think it is going to be possible. My connector ends from the yellow wire in the kit don't insert into the harness, and I don't have the extra "repair wire" in my kit. I also have extra plugs that I have no idea where they go. I would buy a DAP harness, but idk if it would work with my tail lights. I bought the VLAND version tail lights, and just plugged in the lights are stupid bright all the time. HELP lol.