GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Also, not today but this week, I got a call from the dealership. The crash bar is supposed to ship on the 12th and be there on the 15th. Looks like I might have the car back this year after all. Be nice if it was a Christmas Miracle.......

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Managed to get the new fat fitment front and rears (265-10.5” et30, 235-9.5” et22) to fit without rubbing at ride height and air out without too much drama, now just to wash the car 😅

Full airout.
View attachment 267728
ride height
View attachment 267729
View attachment 267730View attachment 267731

And I’m surprisingly satisfied with the way the blue against the gray with red looks. (Going to go black on those rear calipers to match the fronts I think though)
View attachment 267732

I think the red adds a nice little touch. I wouldn’t have thought that without seeing it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Managed to get the new fat fitment front and rears (265-10.5” et30, 235-9.5” et22) to fit without rubbing at ride height and air out without too much drama, now just to wash the car 😅

Full airout.
View attachment 267728
ride height
View attachment 267729
View attachment 267730View attachment 267731

And I’m surprisingly satisfied with the way the blue against the gray with red looks. (Going to go black on those rear calipers to match the fronts I think though)
View attachment 267732
What sideskirts are those?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed the ShopDap Holy Shift kit today.
Install was pretty straightforward. I managed to break the locking pin on the transmission. Thankfully was able to follow the dieselgeek instructions on how to align everything without it and everything functions fine.

A bit notchier than I was expecting, but after a few miles of city driving it feels pretty nice!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What sideskirts are those?
Isweep, after associated painting costs it was kinda painful $$$$ and didn’t make it as low looking as I was hoping for in the end, but fit and finish is real nice

isweep sideskirts

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Opened up the Osrams to put some silica in there. Saw this. Is that a headlight regulating motor? Does this mean i can adjust the lights orientation via obdeleven/vcds?

20221210_165527.jpg

20221210_165605.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you also install different bumpers along with the skirts?
They only make front lips for mk7 GTI and R, and the rear is just a diffuser. I do have a Dutch splitter on the front and ecs diffuser though that match the heights and gloss black look

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
They only make front lips for mk7 GTI and R, and the rear is just a diffuser. I do have a Dutch splitter on the front and ecs diffuser though that match the heights and gloss black look
I ordered an aerofabb V2 front splitter during their recent sale and I’m curious if the uneven height of the front to the sides is going to bother me. We shall see

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I ordered an aerofabb V2 front splitter during their recent sale and I’m curious if the uneven height of the front to the sides is going to bother me. We shall see
Should be okay the plastic used on aerofabz isn’t as thick and runs pretty flush with the bottom of the bumper… the Dutch is pretty thick and gets spaced down due to the nature of the mk7.5 bumper
9C75F461-3AA1-4E13-98C7-5A50253BB66F.jpeg
D3D9B2B3-F36D-4E52-9245-F4CE4D567671.jpeg

If it does bother you this is an good low cost option that matched the flat textured look 😁

Diy skirts 😅

9C690542-FEA1-49E7-B2F2-608B19DFAC71.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So if a certain someone was wanting to shoehorn Your front size on all 4 corners, how major of a surgery would have to happen to fit on the rears on stock ride height? Asking for a friend.
I lied, it's me, I'm the friend.
Would take lots poke and lots of camber,
Just run a 265 on 9.5 or even 9” imo… I ran 265s on a 8.5 for like 8 months fine.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So if a certain someone was wanting to shoehorn Your front size on all 4 corners, how major of a surgery would have to happen to fit on the rears on stock ride height? Asking for a friend.

Would take lots poke and lots of camber,
Just run a 265 on 9.5 or even 9” imo… I ran 265s on a 8.5 for like 8 months fine.
I'm on a 255 on a 9 right now. But I'm super close to the gas fill now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What 255s ? When going to another tire just compare the section width and tread widths that are listed cause there are big discrepancies in tires between brands and models, even my rt615k 265s at this low offset cause my widened fenders still rub the inner fenders on lock to lock.

Pretty sure @burgerkong ran 265 on 10s on the front his R and he’s was pretty agressive on camber.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I guess technically finished the interior conversion to black... with Homelink buttons that have never been of any use to me.
1670764095676.png

1670764121386.png

And much more interesting... tackled the first of four door cards for OEM RGB ambient lighting. Did not have a good time but it sure is pretty. My cell phone made capturing door strip color a real pain, but you get the jist. The aft end of the strip also looks white in every pic, which isn't the case in person. About a second after changing colors the phone always changes the strip to white, although pocket and footwell still show up.

Door Before.PNG

Door Middle.PNG

Door After.PNG

These pics are color by driving mode... Eco - Green, Normal - Blue, Sport - Red, Comfort - Purple (no decent pic). I can also choose a color with the slider.
Door Green-ish.PNG

Door Blue-ish.PNG

Door Red-ish.PNG