GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I guess technically finished the interior conversion to black... with Homelink buttons that have never been of any use to me.
View attachment 267780
View attachment 267781

And much more interesting... tackled the first of four door cards for OEM RGB ambient lighting. Did not have a good time but it sure is pretty. My cell phone made capturing door strip color a real pain, but you get the jist. The aft end of the strip also looks white in every pic, which isn't the case in person. About a second after changing colors the phone always changes the strip to white, although pocket and footwell still show up.

View attachment 267789
View attachment 267786
View attachment 267788

These pics are color by driving mode... Eco - Green, Normal - Blue, Sport - Red, Comfort - Purple (no decent pic). I can also choose a color with the slider.
View attachment 267785
View attachment 267784
View attachment 267787
Tell me more about the seats….

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
What 255s ? When going to another tire just compare the section width and tread widths that are listed cause there are big discrepancies in tires between brands and models, even my rt615k 265s at this low offset cause my widened fenders still rub the inner fenders on lock to lock.

Pretty sure @burgerkong ran 265 on 10s on the front his R and he’s was pretty agressive on camber.
Indy 500s , 255/35r18 on flow one f5 18x9 et45

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you find me a wrecked Mk8 I will entertain buying the seats, haha. Facelift BCM has adaptations for the ventilation functions and I would like that here in SoCal... that's the only way I could (maybe) part with my current Mk7 GTD seats.

People are so stupid I’ve had zero luck buying a totaled car.

It’s like I’m speaking a different language asking them to buy it back from their insurance company rather than letting them take it & salvage companies marking it up 50-300%

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
People are so stupid I’ve had zero luck buying a totaled car.

It’s like I’m speaking a different language asking them to buy it back from their insurance company rather than letting them take it & salvage companies marking it up 50-300%
Ugghhhh, yea people don't understand it for some reason. I think my dad has bought back (his) expedition after the insurance company totaled it out 3 different times. The third time the body damage was not worth fixing (for my parents, it's not a car they need anymore) but he sold the engine/transmission out of it, which had been replaced after the first time insurance totaled it out, haha.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
snow tire changeover.

1670789066302.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you find me a wrecked Mk8 I will entertain buying the seats, haha. Facelift BCM has adaptations for the ventilation functions and I would like that here in SoCal... that's the only way I could (maybe) part with my current Mk7 GTD seats.

You get that wrecked MK8, swap seats, and those Art Velour ones becomes available... You have my number...

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
I gave it a bath even though it is supposed to rain today and a lot of the upcoming week. It had turned a shade of brown I have never seen on it before.

Chubby Bunny

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
PXL_20221211_211927882.jpg

Not what I did, but what someone else did.

Backed into my car while my wife was driving. Driver gave all her info, begged not to call insurance because of issues, said will pay out of pocket. Small town, so we know who she is and where she lives/works.

Trying to decide on calling my insurance, or just taking to body shop....Nervous because shes Urano Grey....😩😭

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
How do you change the color of that handle light? I have red lighting all around except for those diodes.
All my LED's are RGB so it's been an annoying process or replacing the single color LED's with RGB inside the housing... or when that's not possible modifying light guides to fit into RGB housings.

Assuming you're talking about this light... that illuminates the"grab handle" I don't know how one would go about switching that one.

I actually don't have that light installed, I have this one for each door "open handle," had to modify an RGB LED housing to fit the light guide...
1670805529856.png