GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

dsgvw

Ready to race!
This thread is enormous and haven’t found what I’m looking for yet.

Bought a JB4 from a golfR owner for my GTI. I run 93 exclusively and stock other than drop in K&N and removed snow guard. What numbers can I run on map 6? Map 1 feels awesome, map 2 is same with a bit more fun dialed in. Any way to up the boost more with map 6 without a Downpipe?

Surely this has been answered before, maybe point me to the right post?

Thanks in advance!

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
This thread is enormous and haven’t found what I’m looking for yet.

Bought a JB4 from a golfR owner for my GTI. I run 93 exclusively and stock other than drop in K&N and removed snow guard. What numbers can I run on map 6? Map 1 feels awesome, map 2 is same with a bit more fun dialed in. Any way to up the boost more with map 6 without a Downpipe?

Surely this has been answered before, maybe point me to the right post?

Thanks in advance!

Run map2 and log a few runs, winding out 3rd and possibly 4. A few people here can help after you post your numbers.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I would not go with that setup if you have a stock clutch. What fuel will you run? Any other modifications?

Jartin

Fuel and mods?
AFE dry filter with snow guard removed, the plastic dremeled out, and the plastic piece that closes off the engine bay from the intake duct. No other mods.

For fuel I'm running 91 octane from Costco. There's no 93 in Utah, and probably won't do E85 mixing.

Last edited:

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
AFE dry filter with snow guard removed, the plastic dremeled out, and the plastic piece that closes off the engine bay from the intake duct. No other mods.

For fuel I'm running 91 octane from Costco. There's no 93 in Utah, and probably won't do EITHER additions.

If only 91...no e85 blend or 93...stay map 2

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

For fuel I'm running 91 octane from Costco. There's no 93 in Utah, and probably won't do EITHER additions.

If only 91...no e85 blend or 93...stay map 2

Yea stay map 2 and be happy you have good 91. :)

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Diggs...posted a short log on new settings from ya. Have a great evening.