GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This car hates heat. It will yank timing right out from under your ass at the first sniff of warm temps. I honestly feel the upgrade path should be tune>IC>DP instead of tune>DP>IC that most people do.

Being in FL is going to kill both of you in all but dead of winter without an IC. Thankfully you have 93 gas.

850GTI

This car hates heat. It will yank timing right out from under your ass at the first sniff of warm temps. I honestly feel the upgrade path should be tune>IC>DP instead of tune>DP>IC that most people do.

Being in FL is going to kill both of you in all but dead of winter without an IC. Thankfully you have 93 gas.

Made the mistake of going IC last with my Gti. I'll be doing intercooler first then dp but staying JB4 for a while. Might swap to Map 1 to see how it feels. I'm running Map 2 atm but something seems off with it. Anyone able to look at a log and just confirm that it looks alright?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Your boost and timing numbers are not outrageous. Your ecu applied a bit of timing correction but not bad if you're trying to send it. Your AFRs aren't typical, but I don't know what kind of fuel you have in there. Your trims are high, but i'm not sure you don't have more rail pressure to play with. I don't see the obvious drop in LPFP pressure that was apparent in the other log.

It just looks like you're totally sending it. Nothing looks totally bad in that log.

How do you still gave LOAD? Old firmware? Is the load number accurate to tune off of?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Your boost and timing numbers are not outrageous. Your ecu applied a bit of timing correction but not bad if you're trying to send it. Your AFRs aren't typical, but I don't know what kind of fuel you have in there. Your trims are high, but i'm not sure you don't have more rail pressure to play with. I don't see the obvious drop in LPFP pressure that was apparent in the other log.

It just looks like you're totally sending it. Nothing looks totally bad in that log.

How do you still gave LOAD? Old firmware? Is the load number accurate to tune off of?

Old firmware. I haven't had a JB4 in almost a year now. I miss LOAD, makes it easy to see if target is being hit for additive.

That one isn't too bad. I have worse ones where it is AFR in the 16/17 range. E30 gas. It would never let me go above FOL60 without triggering low fuel pressure CEL.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Did you ever get the setup from that log on a dyno? I'd love to know what a car like that is putting down.

That one isn't too bad. I have worse ones where it is AFR in the 16/17 range. E30 gas. It would never let me go above FOL60 without triggering low fuel pressure CEL.

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
Diggs...If you get a minute can you take a look at this log I did from a month ago? I've been running this map 6 for my daily driving on 93 octane. I'm happy with it but curious if you see anywhere I can add a little more boost. It's a dsg golf r with intake, jb4, dp and bms meth kit. thanks in advance!!

https://datazap.me/u/bentz626/log-1547503575?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-25-26-27

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI