GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
aye. i dont look at custom logs on my phone. too important. will later

Understand completely. I appreciate the help man.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Diggs,
I tried out the new settings and I can tell a difference. It pulls harder and feels smooth. I rolled into second and full pulled 3rd. Ambient 65F
https://datazap.me/u/recycleddonuts/diggs-big-boost-e30?log=0&data=1-4-11-25

make 5500 7.5 to see if you can iron out the timing dip.
make 5000 8.0 see if afr spike goes down a bit
no second gear, all of 3rd like my log. Your clutch will hate it but if it's getting replaced then oh well. Need to see how it is down in 4k.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Changed. Will run a log in the morning.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Yep, fuel pressure started crashing in 4th, probably due to rich AFR, due to EGT modeling. This is only 3 gals of E85?

Yes. It was rich. It had a good little pop after I let off the throttle. I wonder..should I take the spacer off the o2 sensor if I am running a 200cell cat on the DP? Probably should look into a lpfp.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
A flash tune is where I would go next. Congrats on finding the end of the JB4 rainbow. Sadly, no pot of gold.

Well...shit. So where should the settings go from here? A step down?

850GTI

Coming from a ECU/DSG tuned car to a JB4 only car, is it safe to say just run Map 2 with a drop-in filter and Map 6 settings for anything more than intake or could you get a little more safely with Map 6 on stock hardware?

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Coming from a ECU/DSG tuned car to a JB4 only car, is it safe to say just run Map 2 with a drop-in filter and Map 6 settings for anything more than intake or could you get a little more safely with Map 6 on stock hardware?

Depends on fuel type and ambient air temps.

I have 93 octane, drop in AFE filter, 100 cell catted downpipe
and I was still getting timing pull on high RPM's on map 2, because it was 72 degrees out, here in FL.
My car feels happier on map 1, but I'm going to take it to the track soon to find out. When summer comes around, there is no way I could run map 2 without an intercooler