GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This fuel-it kit is a piece of shit. Worked great for a couple of days.

The sensor is one of the best you can buy, but the Bluetooth module and the wiring is dog shit.

Refueled last night, no change in E-content or temp...hmm. Disconnected and reconnected several times. Nothing. Force closed the app. Nothing. Rebooted phone, nothing.

This morning, worked normally for a minute and has since been telling me I'm running full E85 at -73 degrees.

Great.

So it's just like the JB4 BT?

Mr.boles

Ready to race!

The sensor is one of the best you can buy, but the Bluetooth module and the wiring is dog shit.

Refueled last night, no change in E-content or temp...hmm. Disconnected and reconnected several times. Nothing. Force closed the app. Nothing. Rebooted phone, nothing.

This morning, worked normally for a minute and has since been telling me I'm running full E85 at -73 degrees.

Great.

Can’t say I didn’t warren you guys lol. I might start making them if my project goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Exactly why I'm gonna go this route... As soon as I'm done nodding the shit out of my rc... (my other expensive hobby)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Exactly why I'm gonna go this route... As soon as I'm done nodding the shit out of my rc... (my other expensive hobby)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hate Innovate with a passion. I've had ridiculous issues with their stuff and they were completely useless to fix it.

Go AEM.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro

Great.

Oh no. Didn't want to see this today. My kit is out for delivery. :( You reach out to Fuel-It yet?

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I'd return asap. If it's not accurate that defeats the purpose. I took a few pulls today on my recent revision which was turned down for the dsg and I got some high correction. I filled a bit more ethanol on there to be sure I was at least at an e30 blend. I really wish I knew what my tank was at.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
This is why I’ve been putting off buying a gauge/sensor for a while. Thankfully my E85 stations are pretty consistent, but testing every time I go to fill up come winter is going to get annoying.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
I've had my fuel it kit since early Feb and it works great.

Good to know. Thanks. Just out of curiosity what phone do you use?

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Good to know. Thanks. Just out of curiosity what phone do you use?

I had the app on my iphone but that was stolen... So now I'm using it on android. Both apps run flawlessly for me. I've had no bluetooth connection issues with it either. I was skeptical at first because there were no written instructions and I was one of the first users so I didn't have a lot of install references. I just followed their video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkogYRapf0 .

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Mine works fine on galaxy s9. Since may

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had the app on my iphone but that was stolen... So now I'm using it on android. Both apps run flawlessly for me. I've had no bluetooth connection issues with it either. I was skeptical at first because there were no written instructions and I was one of the first users so I didn't have a lot of install references. I just followed their video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkogYRapf0 .

Ok. Thanks. Android here as well. Just trying to collect some data in case I have any issues and have to start troubleshooting.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
The most important thing is the connections. If the ground or power are wonky, it will do some weird things in the app

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did you connect power and ground to the fuel pump fuse and battery tray bolt like in the video?