GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Did you connect power and ground to the fuel pump fuse and battery tray bolt like in the video?
Im using the mk6, so my power is coming from the exit side of the 15amp horn fuse and the battery ground nut up near the top of the engine bay above the fuse box.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Looks something like this. Make sure the ground ring is in good contact. I placed it on the threaded bolt. Also make sure you use the right side of the fuse in case the fuse blows, you want it to stop powering the sensor.
Idk mk7 fuse box layout, but if you can find the horn fuse, I know that works for sure.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Looks something like this. Make sure the ground ring is in good contact. I placed it on the threaded bolt. Also make sure you use the right side of the fuse in case the fuse blows, you want it to stop powering the sensor.
Idk mk7 fuse box layout, but if you can find the horn fuse, I know that works for sure.

I used the fuel pump fuse but i did not use the battery tray bolt for a ground because mine was missing somehow. Instead i connect the ground to the bolt on the brace that holds the headlight in place. https://i.imgur.com/Bg6whYi.jpg

Some good alternative options. Thanks again.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
I'm running the UM Pro flex kit and just recently found out I can read my ethanol content via OBD11

Attachments

• 15356630004150.jpg
    15356630004150.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 677

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
I only have 91 octane where I live. Can I mix 3 gallons e85 with 7 gallons 91 octane and run the map 2 on my jb4 setting that’s for 93 octane? Or should e85 only be used with a e85 specific software custom tune??

Car is a 17 mk7 mqb

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you have a dp? You can run it. You can get more out of it on map6
I only have 91 octane where I live. Can I mix 3 gallons e85 with 7 gallons 91 octane and run the map 2 on my jb4 setting that’s for 93 octane? Or should e85 only be used with a e85 specific software custom tune??

Car is a 17 mk7 mqb

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Daument

Ready to race!

Car is a 17 mk7 mqb

Not all E85 is 85% ethanol. I definitely wouldn’t run any more then E30 on a stock fueling car. So the correct answer is maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti9251

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like we get good E85 in Nor Cal. I'll still be checking each time I get some. Usually grab 10-12 gallons at a time once per month.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 494

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15' GTI, 18" AT
Looks like we get good E85 in Nor Cal. I'll still be checking each time I get some. Usually grab 10-12 gallons at a time once per month.

As an FYI, the norcal stations have been a pretty solid E79-E81 for at least the last five years that I have been checking via my sensor. I've also been using E85 here in the bay for 10 years now.

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have a dp? You can run it. You can get more out of it on map6

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have one but it’s in the box still lol. Arrived Friday as did the jb4. I wanna wait before I put the DP on as I have some warranty work coming up. I’ll take the jb4 off before I go then I’ll put the jb4 and DP on after.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Traced my issues with the Fuel-It kit to the bluetooth module, contacted them to explain everything and request a replacement.

Will keep you guys posted...