GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Yessir :(

I thought I read somewhere (either on this forum or on one of the Facebook groups) that this particular dealer was mod friendly but that couldn't be further from the truth. When the service rep called me to deliver the news he said "we're going to have to deny your warranty due ECM flash and... Um, the engine mount... Well you know what you've done to the car"... Direct quote.
I was, of course, a little upset initially but, pay to play right?? I had somewhat mentally prepared myself for this possibility. Doesn't make it easier to swallow but I'm not some 100% innocent victim here either: I just don't understand or necessary trust a dealership'a diagnosis because of both liability and they want $$.

What dealer?

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
King VW in Gaithersburg... After an unpleasant routine maintenance service experience I vowed to never go back but their location was just too convenient for me... Until now... I'm done... I Will drive somewhere else for future service etc

If you don’t mind a bit of a hike there are numerous great independent shops in the area. The Shop Autowerx in the outskirts of Frederick, Induktion down near BWI, Vagwerks in Martinsburg and so many more.

I use Fitzgerald in Frederick for anything dealer related and they are pretty decent folks. Lindsay’s service crew also has a pretty good rep from my understanding.

Stew

If you don’t mind a bit of a hike there are numerous great independent shops in the area. The Shop Autowerx in the outskirts of Frederick, Induktion down near BWI, Vagwerks in Martinsburg and so many more.

I use Fitzgerald in Frederick for anything dealer related and they are pretty decent folks. Lindsay’s service crew also has a pretty good rep from my understanding.

Yeah, I've actually used Induktion twice for some of the aftermarket installs and they're great. A bit of a hike but great rates and work. I might have to start going up to Frederick for dealer work... Ourisman in Rockville is useless as well.

And to update, I've been stock (tune) since taking my car back from the stealership on Tuesday but my car threw another check engine light last light. Still no noticeable decrease in performance whatsoever though.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Anyone have any suggestions on a small cheap windows based tablet for adjusting maestro in the car?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Anyone have any suggestions on a small cheap windows based tablet for adjusting maestro in the car?

I just ordered this a couple of days ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latit...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I had a Chinese 10" Windows tablet from Amazon but the speakers and screen was horrible so I returned it. Prior to that I was using my daughters cheap laptop but found it very difficult to datalog while driving the car without a touch screen.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Anyone ever noticed timing is highly weighted toward cylinder 1 retard? You can have a few degrees in another cylinder and no timing loss but as soon as #1 has a correction timing does as well?
I have noticed that

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mars1

Ready to race!