GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Stew

Warranty was denied?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yessir :(

I thought I read somewhere (either on this forum or on one of the Facebook groups) that this particular dealer was mod friendly but that couldn't be further from the truth. When the service rep called me to deliver the news he said "we're going to have to deny your warranty due ECM flash and... Um, the engine mount... Well you know what you've done to the car"... Direct quote.
I was, of course, a little upset initially but, pay to play right?? I had somewhat mentally prepared myself for this possibility. Doesn't make it easier to swallow but I'm not some 100% innocent victim here either: I just don't understand or necessary trust a dealership'a diagnosis because of both liability and they want $$.

Stew

Eurodyne has a built in code reader. Why not use it?

The fact it comes and goes sounds positive to me. If the timing was off you would have a constant CEL and likely driveability issues. Sounds to me more like a sensor issue? Sensor A is the one the JB4 guys unplug. Top right corner of engine behind HPFP. Have a look at it, the connector, wiring, etc....

http://www.burgertuning.com/instructions/S1_VAG_EA888_G3.pdf

A sensor issue was my first thought/hope as well but the dealership techs didn't even address that possibility so I wasn't sure if it was ruled out. I will absolutely check that sensor when I have time to break away from work... Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for the input/advice

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Yessir :(

I thought I read somewhere (either on this forum or on one of the Facebook groups) that this particular dealer was mod friendly but that couldn't be further from the truth. When the service rep called me to deliver the news he said "we're going to have to deny your warranty due ECM flash and... Um, the engine mount... Well you know what you've done to the car"... Direct quote.
I was, of course, a little upset initially but, pay to play right?? I had somewhat mentally prepared myself for this possibility. Doesn't make it easier to swallow but I'm not some 100% innocent victim here either: I just don't understand or necessary trust a dealership'a diagnosis because of both liability and they want $$.
How much are low mileage motors? If I had that many miles I think I would look into a replacement motor. I mean if you're gonna spend that absurd amount just to fix that. If you decide to fix it Def don't take it to that dealer. I'd find a reputable independent one. Be cheaper. If that's what it even is. Odds are they're prob wrong and it's prob something simple

Travis9935

Ready to race!
In 2002 I had a 1999 Maxima se with 48k on it. The tranny started to have slip symptoms... It would rev after shifting to 4th. Well a reputable tranny shop said they dynod the tranny and it was slipping and about shot. Well 1700 later and a month?! It still did it.. I did my own research, apparently they had throttle position sensors that went bad and did this.. Well yep sure shit that's what it was. After that I don't trust what "mechanics" tell me the prob is.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
I can't quite interpret the tech's assessment but I could easily assess the estimated financial damage to the tune of $2200. Ugh. So before I do anything else stupid, can anyone make sense of that report?? Have I caused permanent damage to the engine or do I simply need to dial the sliders back on the tune?? To reiterate, my car hasn't had any performance issues, no trouble starting, and feels and sounds great still. So, Any insights or help is greatly appreciated. AND If you're still reading this, thank you very much.

All I want to know is why does a working (not broken) camshaft on a working engine need replacement?? Are the lobes worn down at 56k miles LOL? Perhaps if they were made of plastic, and you used Crisco for all your oil changes :)

I can't see how would have anything to do with the tune, but you could drive it around on stock tune for a couple of days and see if the CEL comes back, to absolutely rule that out.

Last edited:

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
Which stage dsg tune? You should be on stage 1.

It's stage 1. That all that available for the 7 speed right now. It will also only hold the luanch rpm for a second or two before it just revs to red line. I sent an email into eurodyne. One other person was having issues in the R section. I figured I'd get more info in this thread because it alot more active.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It's stage 1. That all that available for the 7 speed right now. It will also only hold the luanch rpm for a second or two before it just revs to red line. I sent an email into eurodyne. One other person was having issues in the R section. I figured I'd get more info in this thread because it alot more active.

huh. Thought the stage 1 kept rev limiter at 6600 but I see you hitting 7k. Maybe that was just for the 6speed DSG. I think that's your issue. If you manually shift at say 6500ish from 2nd to 3rd does it still bog? I mean, there is nothing good out past there on the IS38 anyways so no point going to 7k, you'll just be slower.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
huh. Thought the stage 1 kept rev limiter at 6600 but I see you hitting 7k. Maybe that was just for the 6speed DSG. I think that's your issue. If you manually shift at say 6500ish from 2nd to 3rd does it still bog? I mean, there is nothing good out past there on the IS38 anyways so no point going to 7k, you'll just be slower.

I've tried both manual and leaving it in sport. No difference. That log was done in sport mode. It holds the gears too long in sport. I was at the track Sunday and I was having the same issue but it was doing in going into second. I was shifting at 6100 but still did it. The next run I left it in sport and it did the same thing.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
Any know if our 1-2 shit is still inside the 60' I couldn't het better then a 1.940. Car felt like it was leaving really hard. With just stage 1 tune it did a 1.840.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've tried both manual and leaving it in sport. No difference. That log was done in sport mode. It holds the gears too long in sport. I was at the track Sunday and I was having the same issue but it was doing in going into second. I was shifting at 6100 but still did it. The next run I left it in sport and it did the same thing.

How much fuel in tank and do all your track logs look this bad?

https://datazap.me/u/walls/log-1539734385?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22

That's pretty awful.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

Beaslebong

Anyone else having a problem with rev matching / blipping the throttle to downshift? It seems I can touch the pedal real light and it’ll still think I’m trying to NLS, and will hold RPM instead of blipping.

Still looking for any solutions to this as well.