GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Local dealer had their first Ranger in.
Lariat 4WD.
$42,000!?!
Rides well and handles bad bumps.
They had it up on an 8" curb I had to drive off and back on. Not an issue. Interior not bad but GTI's is better and Engine and transmission also better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just curious how you feel about the deadset kit? I am getting some slight clunking after coilover install. Mechanic says deadset kit will help as subframe has shifted resulting in some rubbing of some kind. Not sure of the details.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Just curious how you feel about the deadset kit? I am getting some slight clunking after coilover install. Mechanic says deadset kit will help as subframe has shifted resulting in some rubbing of some kind. Not sure of the details.

See item 3 in post 1061 above for some deadset info.

I feel it is a good kit and great quality hardware. How much it helps is hard to say because if it works well you basically will not notice anything. I worried about alignment after install but I think it looked good. Did not get many comment on it so assume it is OK. I say if you can cover the cost, Install the kit.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I have finished my longest post covering work on my car at the end of 2018. If you are interest, the link is below to an earlier post that I have been updating.

Items covered if interested.

1. New 034 front mounts with upgraded part added by 034.
2. New 034 rear mounts.
3. Tyrol Sport Dead set kit
4. Checking my brake work.
5. 60,000 mile service.
6. BFI engine mount kit - Stage 1. All three.
7. Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU Tune
8. Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune
9. Alignment at Murfreesboro Auto Repair. Murfreesboro, TN.
10. Front lower corner OE lip replacements.

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?p=751007&share_type=t

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
So you still don’t have any kind of dogbone insert? I mean it when I say that my car is literally smoother than stock in 80-90% of situations now that I have BFI S1 mounts + Powerflex Insert + APR Pendulum. Literally. Only for a quarter-half of a second after getting off the brake from a standstill on an incline does the shudder get worse than OEM. And it’s for less than a second. As the trans is shifting through gears, it shifts like a dream. Smooth as butter.

Strongly recommend some form of dogbone upgrade if you haven’t yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So you still don’t have any kind of dogbone insert? I mean it when I say that my car is literally smoother than stock in 80-90% of situations now that I have BFI S1 mounts + Powerflex Insert + APR Pendulum. Literally. Only for a quarter-half of a second after getting off the brake from a standstill on an incline does the shudder get worse than OEM. And it’s for less than a second. As the trans is shifting through gears, it shifts like a dream. Smooth as butter.

Strongly recommend some form of dogbone upgrade if you haven’t yet

BFI stage 1 kit comes with the dog bone insert.
So not, stock but still the dog done mechanics.
Will keep it in mind and see how it looks over time.
Thanks.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
BFI stage 1 kit comes with the dog bone insert.

So not, stock but still the dog done mechanics.

Will keep it in mind and see how it looks over time.

Thanks.

At that rate, the only things I have left to contribute is that either you also need to add a pendulum mount to smooth it out, or the upper eng/tran mounts were not installed as well as they could have been

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
At that rate, the only things I have left to contribute is that either you also need to add a pendulum mount to smooth it out, or the upper eng/tran mounts were not installed as well as they could have been

I stated that NVH is up at rest and can sort of feel at 80mph but in all driving the car is very smooth. Likely a combination of all my mods, springs, bracing, deadset kit, mounts, sway bars, lighter brake disc, etc. Drove to Alabama this weekend and with a tune the car drives at 80mph like it's gliding on a smooth lake. Effortless to keep up with faster cars. Found out again that Audi drivers do not like to be passed by a VW car. They always have to catch up and get out ahead once I passes them. But, it's always good to have a blocker on the interstate. They can take the hit.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Intake pipe modification.

For a while I have had a Racingline flex intake pipe. I have seen that APR sold a carbon fiber pipe and recently ECS offered one. I like my Unitronic CF front air collector so thought the CF intake pipe would go with it. This is likely a cosmetic mod which does look good and is well made. But, sometimes a mod is just a little more special when you see it in person. I really like this part. You can either use a solid rubber pipe for the front joint or it also has a flexible connector. I went with the flex part to allow movement. The stiffer engine mounts reduce movement but being tuned I likely press it more so maybe a flex pipe is better.

Also comes on red CF.

Link:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...-carbon-fiber-turbo-inlet-pipe/023138ecs01kt/

Can I feel any performance gain. No, not really.

So I will soon put up for sale my Racingline pipe which is in good shape and has quality clamps.

Racingline Pipe.

ECS Carbon Fiber Pipe and connectors. Plus 4 clamps.

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Not sure why I have never tried making a driving video, so tonight I tried a short run close to my house. Should have turned camera light off. I think my car sounds good and on the video it is deeper than I thought. No Soundaktor on. Exhaust is Clubsport S with all else OE. The tune deepens it more.

Don't expect a full feature film.

https://youtu.be/5eH82VH7F-4

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
New Iron-X bottle and new power washer hand spray gun.

Being sunny and 64F today I decided to wash the Wifes car.
For the spring I purchased a new bottle of Iron-X Lemon which came in a new cool looking bottle. Black with a good sprayer. I would like the part that goes over hand between the thunb and first finger to be longer. More like my cheap blue bottle from Wal-Mart. I will say Iron-X uses good prayers as I normally buy a gallon and reuse the liter bottle. 1st one never broke.

I also picked up a hand power wash sprayer from Obsessed Garage. I picked the one with quick disconnect fittings. Works well, but would be nice to have a swivel fitting I think they sell. The hand sprayer makes washing with power washer a little more personnel much like a hose nozzle. The long handle that comes with the power washer is very long.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...m-high-pressure-spray-gun?variant=33724321347