GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

Dan40

I have the stock downpipe, 034 resonator delete and then connected to the CSS muffler.

I love how sporty my GTI sound now and the much more pronounced DSG farts I’m getting out of it!

Drone? I don’t hear any drone, nothing obnoxious or bothering me! Should come like this from the factory if you put it in sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you say the sound changed after the resonator delete? I have the css muffler but thinking about doing the resonator delete as well.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I read one of the guys here returned it for being too loud. Is it really comparable to the soundaktor? I guess I’m getting concerned now but with all the overwhelming praise I find it hard to believe it will be obnoxious

If you're just upgrading the muffler and your downpipe is stock, it's not that much louder from inside the cabin. Noticeable difference and much better but you won't get any drones.

If you have an upgraded downpipe and are pairing it with the Clubsport S muffler... different story. You'd need to swap out the stock resonator to kill drone at cruising speeds. It'll still be loud but not below 3k RPM.

I've gone through a few different setups with the Clubsport S muffler lol. Stock DP+CSS Muffler, Aftermarket DP+CSS Muffler, Aftermarket DP+Stock Muffler, and finally... Aftermarket DP+Aftermarket Resonator+ CSS Muffler.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I read one of the guys here returned it for being too loud. Is it really comparable to the soundaktor? I guess I’m getting concerned now but with all the overwhelming praise I find it hard to believe it will be obnoxious

Literally 1 person...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

It is louder than stock but nothing like Mustang loud.
If a person does not like the CSS then that person should have stayed stock as they do not want sound. The sound is better than soundaktor as it is real. The more you push the louder it is but 90% of driving is not pushing. At interstate speeds you can hear the sound come on with cruise control when gas is on to speed up. I would not call it drone but increase in volume.

If a car guy you will like.
If ricer you might want more.
If Prius owner you might stay stock.

Removing resonator or adding down pipe, most might not like.

For me, stock plus CSS is it.
If you do not like you have good chance to sell for within $50 of purchase.
Over time I think this will be a collectors item.

I will also add that the sound will likely depend on if stock, piggyback module or tuned.
The engine sound between stock and piggy back is different to me and it likely affects exhaust also. So if stock not enough, tune it.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
^ this [emoji1303]

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Thanks for clarifying. Your description is exactly what I am looking for. I actually had a Mustang GT before with Flowmasters...

E-ACCA thinks it should be in their next VAG shipment, so it might go out next week.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
how much are people paying for shipping? with shipping and all I'm guessing this comes out to like 450?

315(product)+100(shipping)+35(tax)?

I ordered from Cars245.com
$315 CSS muffler
$25 VW exhaust clamp
$120 shipping to US
$460 total

To me it was worth it! It’s an oem part with beautiful and larger exhaust tips!
I do not like the look of aftermarket tips...

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Has your research uncovered any complaints / regrets?

UA TDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Mine came in and I had it welded on earlier this week... I absolutely love it so far! Sounds so sporty but not too loud or crazy especially below ~2500rpm. Just out of curiosity how many of you have disabled soundaktor since getting the CSS muffler? I'm thinking about doing it, wondering what people's experiences are and if they like it better with just the muffler alone or with the soundaktor on as well?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Many have disabled the soundaktor, especially after installing a better sounding exhaust. I won’t be enabling it again.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Mine came in and I had it welded on earlier this week... I absolutely love it so far! Sounds so sporty but not too loud or crazy especially below ~2500rpm. Just out of curiosity how many of you have disabled soundaktor since getting the CSS muffler? I'm thinking about doing it, wondering what people's experiences are and if they like it better with just the muffler alone or with the soundaktor on as well?

I have mine on 20%.
Basically off. Turned it to 100% with CSS and then turned off.
Sound not needed.
If you want more engine grunt from the front get a piggy back module or tune.
Then you will have more speed to go with CSS muffler.