GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
I’m not really bothered by it. My tips are usually black and soot covered.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’m not really bothered by it. My tips are usually black and soot covered.

Same.

And not sure how much help e-acca would be for a situation like this.

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Anyone have a hitch installed with the CSS? If so which one and pics please. Biking season is soon upon us and I need something for my 1up rack.

I used a Curt hitch with the stock exhaust, and the dimensions for the CSS are about the same, if not a little smaller. It should fit just fine

SilentBob1

U r not the only one

I oreder my from e-acca.com. Already made payment, and I was told the muffler would be shipped next week. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.:rolleyes:
Buy the way, I am from China, probably the only Chinese in this forum.

PM me if you get online again.

SilentBob1

I also own a MK7.5

The suitcase is indeed different, top is stock gti / bottom is clubsport s muffler the inside baffle is designed differently. So I've been told

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your information!

calvinng94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oTnxV4UF1g

Almost the same as the setup you mentioned, except I have APR front muffler in place of resonator

So in these past several months, I've ran these setups and here are my thoughts on each:
- 034 catted DP, otherwise stock: had a raspy tone under acceleration, fairly quiet still, drone is tolerable, a bit more noticeable.
- 034 catted DP + res delete: more drone and more rasp
- 034 catted DP + res delete + CSS: pretty fun in the beginning with the gunshot rifling overrun pops and bangs and explosions, a lot of drone, very loud overall
- 034 catted DP + vibrant 17930 + CSS: the pops and crackles sound like bubbles now, the overrun is no longer fun and I feel like I have to get the RPM past 4.5k to hear some crackles, no drone, quiet and comfortable in the cabin, outside is still louder than OEM and deeper, sounds refined and OEM+, but the pops and bangs now are really disappointing.

I'm thinking of either trying the vibrant 1793 res, which is 1 inch smaller in diameter than the 17930 or getting the APR front muffler, since I hear some gunshot pops from your videos.

What I'm looking for is loud pops and bangs, no drone, deep sound, comfortable in-cabin. I thought that adding the vibrant res would've been the ideal set up for me, but disappointed on the pops/bangs part.

For getting rid of drone, vibration, rasp, the vibrant 17930/17950 is really really good, almost sounds stock in the cabin.

I have soundaktor completely off.

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for the group. Currently my setup is Uni Stage 1+ with a CTS catted DP. While the DP added a little noise i still feel as though its extremely quiet, especially when the car warms up and at low speeds. I've read through the forum posts and watched a ton of videos with CSS exhausts so i'm pretty much sold. I like the sound and the price.

My question is for those who had a DP and added the CSS muffler did you find it was still too quiet? I couldn't find any clips of someone with a DP and CSS comparing it to an aftermarket exhaust. I'm not saying I want a car as loud as straight piped, but i wouldn't be opposed to how loud an aftermarket exhaust from a name brand is.

I'm aware most of this group added the vibrant resonator to stop the drone/make it quieter so I might be speaking to the wrong crowd. I'm trying to save myself from buying the typical $800-1k exhaust on the market right now but i also don't want to but the CSS muffler and be disappointed. And yes I've seen posts of people saying the videos don't do the muffler justice which is my problem because every video of every muffler is different.

Let me know what you guys think. thanks in advance for the advice!

rocktown21

Ready to race!
I was running a CTS catless downipe, with the clubsport exhaust,it was obnoxiously loud for a daily imo. Not sure how much quieter it would be with a catted DP

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
I was running a CTS catless downipe, with the clubsport exhaust,it was obnoxiously loud for a daily imo. Not sure how much quieter it would be with a catted DP

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. I ended up getting an APR catback from someone for really cheap so the whole Clubsport S muffler idea is out the window lol.