GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
People used to give me shit for going with the revised RMS on golfmk6 when there were "way better" aftermarket options like the Iabed but I only ever saw people having problems with them online. DAP stopped selling them at once point because they kept failing and/or people were fucking up the install lol.

Reactions: krs

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah. My mechanic refused to use anything but OEM for RMS.

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Ordered a heated clockspring from Hungary for a MK8-style heated steering wheel retrofit and it just arrived, with some Hungarian newspaper as packaging 😀

Still waiting on the damn steering wheel to arrive from New York, which I ordered at the same time as the clockspring from Hungary... 🙃
PXL_20231023_204154741.jpg
PXL_20231023_204201845.jpg

Last edited:

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Two days later, the Atlas steering wheel I ordered arrived. The special Passat B8.5 airbag I ordered from Portugal looks to be arriving tomorrow, and the 6-pin wiring harness to replace that airbag's 5-pin one (thanks VW for not selling the 6-pin connector individually :rolleyes:) is ready for me to pick up at the dealer. All that remains is the heated steering wheel adapter harness from AliExpress to leave the damn "linehual office" and haul its way down here already 😜
pain and suffering

Anyways here's the wheel~

FullWheel.jpg

6Pin.jpg
PartTag.jpg
HODModule.jpg

LeftButtons.jpg
RTrim.jpg
RightButtons.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
They almost look like some old BBS VZs I used to run on my B5 Passat......classic look!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yeah, I was looking at the Apex VS-5RS wheels, but couldn't get confirmation they'd fit the brakes... But these CP12's caught my eye, and were just recently released. Figured I'd give them a shot.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Did you go with the 18x9 et25 😁

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Checked them out already on the site.
Would love to see some real world pictures when you then unboxed.

What color did you get? Any chance you can weigh one before tires are mounted?

Yeah I can get them weighed, no problem.

I went with the flat graphite, I wasn’t really down with the polished lip.

I went with the 18x9, but not adventurous enough for the et25.

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
PR fuel rail, going Vortex XL and MPI.

Weird part was the UPS driver handed the box to me and, in what seemed to be an extremely rueful way, said "Good luck puttin' those on." Like damn bro, we've all heard tales about PR stuff but what do you know?

He saw the Golf in the driveway, maybe he was just pleased to have the package contextualized. Idk, weird.

I also got a new aluminum subframe to go on as part of a front-end revamp, along with Clubsport S knuckles that will apparently arrive one day.
IMG_1510.png