GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This is why I just take wheels to them, much easier if they don't have to touch the actual car. Plus they seem to take care of me quicker than the folks with an actual car to deal with.
I actually didn't think about doing this. That would mean putting the car on four jack stands though, and I'm lazy haha.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Or getting a set of quick jacks. Me I am super lazy and plan to install a Bendpack lift when my shop is built.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Tons of rebuild kits

1673556621128.png

And by "tons", I mean 3....

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Got one very large step (technically two I guess) towards having the car I dreamed of from when I was a kid. I'm so amped. @StorableComa is being awesome and helping get me error-light free.

PS thanks y'all who have been a huge help with all the information about these cars in general. The community here is so great, and it's exciting to be so close to such a long-time goal.

Attachments

• 20230112_162408.jpg
    20230112_162408.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 51

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Got my rear rotors for the Tiguan to fill in the rear 20” wheels better as the 310mms look rear small through them… raybestos 356mm for a whole $68 bucks shipped for the pair! Size comparison to some stock front “bbk” pp rotors

View attachment 269903View attachment 269904

Got the bracket and ring kit a little while ago for the GTI before I found out you can only do this to the mqb cars that have the electric rear e brake calipers.
View attachment 269905
Which kit did you order? I know every kit I have seen requires the use of the rear e-brake, but I was browsing Killer Brakes today as I am trying to find some crossreference numbers and noticed this kit. There is no mention of "only for e brake" as the previous kit they had for sale.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...discs-golf-5-6-7-r20-gti-r-r32-audi-s3-8v-8p/

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Which kit did you order? I know every kit I have seen requires the use of the rear e-brake, but I was browsing Killer Brakes today as I am trying to find some crossreference numbers and noticed this kit. There is no mention of "only for e brake" as the previous kit they had for sale.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...discs-golf-5-6-7-r20-gti-r-r32-audi-s3-8v-8p/
Rear 356mm - mqb brackets

They also didn’t mention the brake part but only listed cars with it.

I did see that kit from killer brakes and saw it list GTIs also and got confused for a moment till I remembered that euro GTIs Have the electronic rear brake too.

From my physical review of the part and my GTI rears it looks like it will bolt up fine but the problem is the ebrake cable and it’s bracket become a big interference to the wheel. I was planning to test fit it on a up coming weekend till I found this deal and designated them to live on the Tiguan - lol.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Rear 356mm - mqb brackets

They also didn’t mention the brake part but only listed cars with it.

I did see that kit from killer brakes and saw it list GTIs also and got confused for a moment till I remembered that euro GTIs Have the electronic rear brake too.

From my physical review of the part and my GTI rears it looks like it will bolt up fine but the problem is the ebrake cable and it’s bracket become a big interference to the wheel. I was planning to test fit it on a up coming weekend till I found this deal and designated them to live on the Tiguan - lol.
Oh ok, thanks. I looked also at the VBT website, that one clearly states for e-parking brake only.

This disc installation kit come with everything you need to install 356x22 rear brake discs (including the RS7 wavy discs) to the rear of your MQB Chassis S3/RS3/Golf R vehicle with electronic handbrakes and factory 310mm rear discs.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@Maiden69 and @El_bigote_AJ Are y'all looking for an electronic parking brake retrofit parts list? I can put you in touch with the right folks 😬.
After I saw what you did for it… no

Hence the reason these are going on the Tiguan now 😂