GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Oh. Wouldn't the pad overhang be rough then?
I was just being lazy. There is a kit to run TTRS brake calipers with 340/345mm disks, which I was considering. Vagbremtechnic So they should fit, just not sure with my winter Apex 17x8.5" et 43 wheels.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Those fit under Apex 17x8.5 wheels? Macans do, just not sure about the TTRS brakes...
Hmmm…there’s a DIY TTRS thread that actually has that info….I just don’t know it off the top of my head

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Disassemble them, and get them powder coated red.
What are you even on about, mine say RS and that stands for rabbit sport which what my 2019 is… a rabbit edition with the sport package brakes and e diff 🤷🏼‍♂️.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Are these Mk6 rotors? I see they're two rights, just like the Mk8. So far no aftermarket options exist for the Mk8 R, I'd really like to get properly vented rotors.
They're probably the TTRS rotors

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I guess I feel a little better that Audi doesn't make proper rotors even for an much more expensive car. Kinda silly, I wonder if their optional carbon rotors are the same?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Nope, that’s are left / right directional
Not in the pic, the vanes run clockwise on both rotors. This is the same as the Mk8 R, there's only one part number. A user had the left one crack after a few track sessions, albeit with the stock pads as our options suck so far for the Mk8 R.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not in the pic, the vanes run clockwise on both rotors. This is the same as the Mk8 R, there's only one part number. A user had the left one crack after a few track sessions, albeit with the stock pads as our options suck so far for the Mk8 R.

You asked about the carbon rotors, I answered about them.

Im aware that the ttrs,clubsport,mk8 r are all directions vanes but produced in only one direction. Yes sucks for a track person without adequate brake cooling in place… for your street car though, not a real concern