GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Picked up a set of pass thru sockets from Amazon
C31924A4-261F-4A63-A351-35ECE39C3F92.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Via email I received the tune for the IS38+ I will be receiving from EQT when backorders are fulfilled.
I want to start on the clutch today but it’s humid as hell out today. I might start tonight.
I assume you bought that Uni DP? Are you going to do anything to take care of the CEL with the EQT tune?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Will a spacer not eliminate this issue?
Responding to myself.
I’ve been looking at the vib11619 vibrant j spacer after seeing that come up often here and in other searches. Seems it may not be in production anymore? I found one site, wctperformance, they claim to have one for $85 shipped
Any other recommendations?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Responding to myself.
I’ve been looking at the vib11619 vibrant j spacer after seeing that come up often here and in other searches. Seems it may not be in production anymore? I found one site, wctperformance, they claim to have one for $85 shipped
Any other recommendations?

That’s what I use, and had in my mk6 r, worked for me with the middle sized fitting.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Found this Generic j spacer for much cheaper. Looks to be a copy of the vibrant.
That's what you want. Vibrant and other mainstream brands probably discontinued for reasons around emissions policy compliance.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
with the spacer to eliminate the code, you'd need to plug in the rear o2 sensor (against EQT's recommendation), right?
Correct, but if the spacer is doing its job, you’re not going to get the P0420 code which is the whole reason it was recommended to unplug.