GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
FedEx dropped off an ECS tunnel shield.

Kind of an impulse purchase but figured it couldn't hurt to have a little extra protection to supplement the engine guard during camping trips. There have also been a fair amount of catalytic converter thefts in my neighborhood and while they're mostly Priuses (Prii?) and trucks, I figured this could act as a deterrent for the less determined thieves. Also, I just thought it was cool!

I use their shield and no complaints. Didn’t need the dp cover but it’ll work like it should

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
New pair of BBS RS lips on the way (cracked one) 😭 and new hardware on the way. Rebuilding the wheels next week. Much needed polishing

Attachments

• 1C45207F-9ECA-41FC-8F31-580EFC2197B6.jpeg
    1C45207F-9ECA-41FC-8F31-580EFC2197B6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
FedEx dropped off an ECS tunnel shield.

Kind of an impulse purchase but figured it couldn't hurt to have a little extra protection to supplement the engine guard during camping trips. There have also been a fair amount of catalytic converter thefts in my neighborhood and while they're mostly Priuses (Prii?) and trucks, I figured this could act as a deterrent for the less determined thieves. Also, I just thought it was cool!
Meth is one hell of an incentivization.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got in a amp kit and line out converter...let there be BASS!
be interested to know where you mount your line out converter...mine's in the passenger footwell

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Got a second hand IE V2 intercooler off the classifieds here over the weekend. Ordered some replacement yellow radiator mount clips in case they give me trouble during the install. Also planning to recruit a buddy to help. Shoutout to @max_power for being an awesome seller.
IMG_9040.JPG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Carbotech XP12 for the front
Carbotech XP10 for the rear
GPS Receiver for better track accuracy. I imagine i can use it like a Dragy as well. Was going to get a Dragy but it's not compatible with Track Addict and other apps.
Brake caliper kit (not pictured)

And you're wondering why a non car related antenna is there. Indirectly, it is. That's going to save me $180 a month that can go to car parts. Even going to use the cable and mount Dish so graciously put on my roof to make installation a breeze

20220627_201153.jpg

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
Got a second hand IE V2 intercooler off the classifieds here over the weekend. Ordered some replacement yellow radiator mount clips in case they give me trouble during the install. Also planning to recruit a buddy to help. Shoutout to @max_power for being an awesome seller.
View attachment 253683
gracias amigo!

this community (via forum or whatever) has been great to me the past few years so if i can pay it forward i will!

Cheers to consistent IATs!!!

p.s. the clips are a good idea but the double screw driver trick worked for me multiple times.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Kinda curious if anyone has drilled out their strut towers. Got the guides in from CJM Industries, but i'd prefer to avoid dropping the entire coilover to drill this out. Not sure if that's possible or not.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Kinda curious if anyone has drilled out their strut towers. Got the guides in from CJM Industries, but i'd prefer to avoid dropping the entire coilover to drill this out. Not sure if that's possible or not.
Per their write up, you need to drop it. I don’t think you’ll have enough space if kept in. You can keep the shock in and drop it, but you’ll have to essentially drop the axle.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Per their write up, you need to drop it. I don’t think you’ll have enough space if kept in. You can keep the shock in and drop it, but you’ll have to essentially drop the axle.
Damn. Was really hoping to avoid that entirely. Might end up just marking out a 2 inch hole and using a dremel.