GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
For anyone considering switching away from the OBD 11 you should know that the OBDMX plus is on sale today for Amazon prime mine is arriving tomorrow

Compatible with Carista and glowing reviews on Amazon

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
never heard of it. what does it do that OBDeleven doesn't?
ob11 has gone to a pay-to-play policy. aka no more free credits. $2 every mod. want to change your blinkers to 5 blinks instead of 3? $2 please. want to change your car back to factory 3 blinks? another $2 please. oh, you pressed the button to do a mod and it didn't work even though your phone said it did? We'll still take that $2. etc.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ob11 has gone to a pay-to-play policy. aka no more free credits. $2 every mod. want to change your blinkers to 5 blinks instead of 3? $2 please. want to change your car back to factory 3 blinks? another $2 please. oh, you pressed the button to do a mod and it didn't work even though your phone said it did? We'll still take that $2. etc.

That's only if you use the one-touch apps. Change it yourself though the adaptions, it's still free.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
You don't need a crappy app like OBD11. On iOS, Carista (beta for some tweaks) or Car Scanner pro can do most of that stuff with a generic bluetooth OBD dongle.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
That's only if you use the one-touch apps. Change it yourself though the adaptions, it's still free.
absolutely everything cost money on this end bro. maybe you have points saved up??? maybe you are a legacy member or have a plan grandfathered in???? literally everything cost money now. I have zero credits, so to do anything, when they give the my "button" to activate whatever... the only option is purchase a plan. in fact, to do exactly what you're saying, long code an error I have out right now that would require security access, would cost me at minimum 59.99 plus tax. you CANNOT do long coding or adaptation for free anymore. you cant do anything for free anymore. you dont gotta believe me though, bro. use your obd11 if it's great for you.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1657723120658.jpeg

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I regret buying my OBD11 it's useless now. Every time I try and use adaptations I just get errors, looks like I need to invest in VCDS.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
absolutely everything cost money on this end bro. maybe you have points saved up??? maybe you are a legacy member or have a plan grandfathered in???? literally everything cost money now. I have zero credits, so to do anything, when they give the my "button" to activate whatever... the only option is purchase a plan. in fact, to do exactly what you're saying, long code an error I have out right now that would require security access, would cost me at minimum 59.99 plus tax. you CANNOT do long coding or adaptation for free anymore. you cant do anything for free anymore. you dont gotta believe me though, bro. use your obd11 if it's great for you.
My experience is the same as @Acadia18 fwiw -- the app is free to use for long coding/adaptations/etc. The only thing that cost credits/$ are the pre-configured "apps" they offer. Maybe we have some old version or something but that's how it works for me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I'll admit I really wasn't fully aware of the changes to OBD11; I knew they did something a few months ago, but didn't really research it since I was grandfathered in to the old way. Looking at the way it's set up now, it's really had to recommend it to anyone anymore.

Historically, the problem with OBD11 vs. VCDS was that the comparison was $60 and an easy to use mobile app, vs. $200 and a clunky windows based program that looks straight out of 2002. Super easy to see why OBD11 was the mor popular choice, considering it did nearly everything VCDS did.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
it does seems that the reason people preferred OBD11 was because their pricing plan made sense compared to their competitors, now they are their own worst enemy. they shot themselves in the foot and committed company suicide. they locked all the comments on their Facebook. every day, every few hours, the only active thread on the obd11 forums "no more free credits?!?!"

two things will happen. I would be very surprised if the company did not reverse their decision or they will go under. they are getting destroyed on the google play and app stores however by then ill already have returned my obd11 device. im waiting for Voltas to respond to my PayPal case which has been open for over a week, could you take a wild guess why they aren't responding????? im gonna get my money back in about a week. gotta love PayPal fronting the return shipping bill up to 12 times a year! off to Lithuania you go, little box!! bon voyage