GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
XM isn't a huge deal it just bothers me to have anything installed that doesn't work, even if I don't plan to use it. ...
Exactly why i subscribed. To get rid of that trouble code it sets with no subscription. I think i used the traffic feature once.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I kind of pretended it wasn't a deal-breaker for me for a while, mostly because of how much money I had spent and not being thrilled about the level of vendor support I received... But that was just me trying to play a mind game on myself.

For me there's also the issue of speakers not working without a time delay relay. That's an even bigger problem for anyone without Fender.

XM isn't a huge deal it just bothers me to have anything installed that doesn't work, even if I don't plan to use it. Honestly if I had Android Auto working I likely wouldn't miss XM at all, I never subscribed after the trial ended. But without Android Auto I often use the factory nav. I have the 2021 maps and they are great as long as you have the address. Obviously lacking if you're searching for something by name, but if XM worked so that I could have traffic info I would be fine. No traffic info in LA is a real problem, haha.

I'm looking to sell to someone who uses Carplay exclusively, doesn't care about XM, and has fender. Of course I haven't tested the unit with Fender. So I wouldn't be an ass about it as-is blah blah, I would refund and take the unit back if it didn't work haha.

Ugh. I fit 2 out 3 of those requirements. I know you posted about it in detail in another comment, but no idea why AA won't work when it should?

Golf R GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Any shots of the scoop installed from the top side / exterior?
C67150D4-DE92-496F-B8E8-B3D10B99BA7A.jpeg
2B6E97F9-F435-4CB3-9E26-7A7C606E339F_1_201_a.jpeg
4DB93D11-3D6C-46E9-901F-3A3ECB157E40.jpeg
535F1E03-AE6F-4425-BB48-769D0803BC5D_1_201_a.jpeg

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
That's one big ass scope.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ugh. I fit 2 out 3 of those requirements. I know you posted about it in detail in another comment, but no idea why AA won't work when it should?
I'm actually not sure. Plug in the phone, both the car and phone recognize that an AA device is connected. Hit AA on the screen and it says starting... then says connection was cancelled. It will attempt to connect, then say connection cancelled on it's own several times before sort of giving up I guess.

Lots of troubleshooting on my part... USB cables, multiple phones, etc. with no luck. Even loaded non-modified software on it, no luck. Put my MIB II back in and AA works.

Carplay has always worked on this MIB 2.5 with no issues. For what it's worth, I did pick up a new USB/aux plug along with the MIB 2.5. I'll try it first with the old one though, as a final thing to rule out though it worked for years with MIB II (and still does).

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I'm actually not sure. Plug in the phone, both the car and phone recognize that an AA device is connected. Hit AA on the screen and it says starting... then says connection was cancelled. It will attempt to connect, then say connection cancelled on it's own several times before sort of giving up I guess.

Lots of troubleshooting on my part... USB cables, multiple phones, etc. with no luck. Even loaded non-modified software on it, no luck. Put my MIB II back in and AA works.

Carplay has always worked on this MIB 2.5 with no issues. For what it's worth, I did pick up a new USB/aux plug along with the MIB 2.5. I'll try it first with the old one though, as a final thing to rule out though it worked for years with MIB II (and still does).
Maybe try reloading the software on the MIB2. Could be corrupt.

madwazzabi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Atbhn PP
Got ambient light trim for rear doors, and dashboard. Ive only test fitted the dashboard one and it fits. The rear door ones are the same size, but i havent taken door panels off yet. Ive been looking at these on Aliexpress for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Havent figured out how im going to attach them as the tabs dont really line up. When i get the connectors for the LEDs i will do a little write up

View attachment 221684
Are the ones you bought the red/white reverse polarity ones or multi colour? If they are red, could you let me know where you bought them from?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Are the ones you bought the red/white reverse polarity ones or multi colour? If they are red, could you let me know where you bought them from?
I don't know what color the leds are. I have not been able to get them to work. The Led modules have a 4 pin connector. I just bought some bright leds on digikey.

madwazzabi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Atbhn PP
I don't know what color the leds are. I have not been able to get them to work. The Led modules have a 4 pin connector. I just bought some bright leds on digikey.
No problem. seems like Aliexpress only sells the 10/30 colour ones or only in white. If anyone knows where to get the red version for the rear door cards I'd love to know.

As for installation on the rear door cards, have you check out IWMTom's writeup? RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5 lots of plastic welds to remove...