GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
image.jpg

First haul of the week! Got two more days of stuff coming in this week 😅 it’s going to be like Christmas for my little red rocket!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just got my coin slot cover in the mail today.
Thanks @2slowvw !

20210803_163908.jpg

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Got ambient light trim for rear doors, and dashboard. Ive only test fitted the dashboard one and it fits. The rear door ones are the same size, but i havent taken door panels off yet. Ive been looking at these on Aliexpress for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Havent figured out how im going to attach them as the tabs dont really line up. When i get the connectors for the LEDs i will do a little write up

20210803_195451.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Got ambient light trim for rear doors, and dashboard. Ive only test fitted the dashboard one and it fits. The rear door ones are the same size, but i havent taken door panels off yet. Ive been looking at these on Aliexpress for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Havent figured out how im going to attach them as the tabs dont really line up. When i get the connectors for the LEDs i will do a little write up

Snip...
You son of a gun! 😂

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Trim for my new windshield/camera, and a NAR spec MIB 2.5 to replace the EU spec unit I have now. I want (the option to subscribe to) XM again, haha.
Where'd you source the 2.5 unit? Every so often I think about upgrading to get Nav in the virtual cockpit but it seems like a heavy lift for possibly minimal gain..

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I bought this one from the dealer. But I already had 2.5, a modified Euro spec unit. Going 2.5 also means going to the 9-in all glass display. If you just want maps in the dash MIB II with nav is all you need... Assuming your car has the main unit in the glove box.

If you have the all-in-one unit that's in the dash then you will need more, I think there's a thread about replacing that unit.

If you're coming from MIB I... I don't know what the prices are right now for MIB II retrofit but I have to think it's a good bit cheaper than 2.5.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Trim for my new windshield/camera, and a NAR spec MIB 2.5 to replace the EU spec unit I have now. I want (the option to subscribe to) XM again, haha.

Man. I'd love your hacked EU 2.5 unit, since something like XM doesn't matter to me. But no working Android Auto is a complete dealbreaker for me. That's why I don't care about XM, is I use AA 24/7 when in the car.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Man. I'd love your hacked EU 2.5 unit, since something like XM doesn't matter to me. But no working Android Auto is a complete dealbreaker for me. That's why I don't care about XM, is I use AA 24/7 when in the car.
I kind of pretended it wasn't a deal-breaker for me for a while, mostly because of how much money I had spent and not being thrilled about the level of vendor support I received... But that was just me trying to play a mind game on myself.

For me there's also the issue of speakers not working without a time delay relay. That's an even bigger problem for anyone without Fender.

XM isn't a huge deal it just bothers me to have anything installed that doesn't work, even if I don't plan to use it. Honestly if I had Android Auto working I likely wouldn't miss XM at all, I never subscribed after the trial ended. But without Android Auto I often use the factory nav. I have the 2021 maps and they are great as long as you have the address. Obviously lacking if you're searching for something by name, but if XM worked so that I could have traffic info I would be fine. No traffic info in LA is a real problem, haha.

I'm looking to sell to someone who uses Carplay exclusively, doesn't care about XM, and has fender. Of course I haven't tested the unit with Fender. So I wouldn't be an ass about it as-is blah blah, I would refund and take the unit back if it didn't work haha.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
For the car itself - Still nothing. think it's in its final form now.

But, if it counts, I did bring home a buddy for it to share the garage with a while back. I call him "whitey".

View attachment 221759
OO Thats very nice. Im jealous.