GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Don't change them cold next time, let the car idle for 10 minutes.
I actually did let it run. The broken connector is on me using gloves and not being able to properly feel the amount of pressure i was applying.

I think the broken coil was me inadvertently leaning on it while dealing with the one next to it. Lesson learned...wont happen again.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
IMG_4344.jpeg

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Finished up all my maintenance to prep for my vortex install cleaned the valves, put in new fuel injectors, oil change, new plugs, oil change, new air filter, and new wiper blades all around.

Taking the intake manifold off wasn’t too bad, except for those stupid studs. I replaced them with some bolts from Lowe’s until I can get some from VW.

Also the FCPeuro instructions has way more step than necessary. I ended up switching the the humble mechanics video and it was much easier.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Bought a oil cooler, mine s leaking oil into the coolant. Originally pink coolant was murky brown, got a replacement off ebay, Vw wanted 376.00 usd for it

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Got the 245/40r18 Bridgestone Potenza Sports mounted on the 18x9 superspeed RF50RR wheels. Definitely going black caliper this time around. Ordered some 2k eastwood paint today. This setup is thick, or maybe it’s the tire pattern. Couldn’t pass up the deal I got on these tires though.
IMG_3077.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3077.jpeg
    IMG_3077.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
No pics, but I replaced my 8900 mile Michelin PS4S's that were just under 4/32s with Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02's.

I wasn't going to rush into replacing them as the winter wheels will be going on in a few weeks but lucky for me, Discount Tire was cool about it and warrantied the Michelin's. I had to explain though that while the car had something like 20k on it since I bought the tires 3 years ago, I didn't actually put that many miles on the them since I run different wheels/tires in the winter. I was going to just wait and do the tires at some point over the winter, but the DT guy formulated a generous warranty credit, so became a no-brainer to replace the 3 year old Michelin's now before they changed their minds. :p

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
No pics, but I replaced my 8900 mile Michelin PS4S's that were just under 4/32s with Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02's.

I wasn't going to rush into replacing them as the winter wheels will be going on in a few weeks but lucky for me, Discount Tire was cool about it and warrantied the Michelin's. I had to explain though that while the car had something like 20k on it since I bought the tires 3 years ago, I didn't actually put that many miles on the them since I run different wheels/tires in the winter. I was going to just wait and do the tires at some point over the winter, but the DT guy formulated a generous warranty credit, so became a no-brainer to replace the 3 year old Michelin's now before they changed their minds. :p
Did you get a prorated refund?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

same thing I experienced....horrible wear

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport

Have the Sport 02's They are an improvement over the last iteration. DT always pro rates Summer for me too :)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Continued progress on breaking new clutch in, so far only about 70 miles in. I am being easy on it keeping boost low, but MAN does she want to go. Driving my other 2 normal vehicles around for 3 months then jumping into the GTI is a world of difference lol. This thing is NUTS. I had gotten used to the current power level, and it being the new normal. Ha!, go drive a normal vehicle for a bit then jump into your GTI/R. My other's half friend was over at the house and she had never gone for a ride in it yet. We all went to the store the other night, and even at light boost she was like, "WTF did you do to this thing." My fiance was like yea wait until he really gets on it lol.

Love this car. I did discover that my new 235/45 tires rub really bad in the back, the ones for the front would not fit/clear the fender. Going to try and raise the coilovers an inch this weekend, weather permitting, and see if I can get all 4 to clear.