GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Pretty much, town is building like 75 new apartment homes at all times, we are under perpetual growth. Here's to hoping the TireRack warranty claim goes well.
That is precisely why I go through discount tires near me….ouch

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I need the MPI for methanol. The HPFP was a mistake. I already got it when I realized I need the low pressure pump. Ordered the low pressure pump also. As long as I had both, I installed both.
Who’s your tuner? I wouldn’t be surprised if they recommended the stock hpfp for reliability. Enjoy the ride.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

3 items!..Thats good..!!...Must have been following a builders van.......I know the feeling...3 months after getting new winter tyres, somebody had a roofer at the end of our street...one of my new tyres found his nails!!....:mad:

Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
IMG_2320.jpeg

I have removed rear seats and some other stuff. I have measured them 32.6 kg. I have not measured the spare wheel. I believe it’s a total 50kg less.

Our car has 50 liter tank. Which is 37.5kg. If you drive with less than half a tank it is 20 less kilos. Not bad …

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Picking the GTI up from the shop today !!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Replaced the inner CV boot since it was flinging grease everywhere. No noise or other issues but given the cost of new CV joint and axle I didn't want to wait on this one.

It's not a complicated job but did take longer than expected. The tool of the day award goes to the brass punch that helped push the axle spindle out of the hub.

I used this this boot kit and replacement hardware kit and everything fit perfectly, no drama.

This was a few miles after cleaning up the initial mess. There wasn't an obvious hole or tear but there was kind of a seam where it felt like the boot was beginning to come apart. Regardless, the line of grease is a pretty clear indicator of where the issue was.

grease.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just drove it !! 😲

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
inquiring minds want to know......
I only drove it 11 miles back to work, but I had a number of stop n go in between, and a swing through McDonalds. I am of course being easy on it for the first couple hundred miles. Right now the clutch action is light and reaction is quick. For those that dont know, my old ACT VW9-HDSS clutch kit went out and I upgraded to ACT's VW9-XTSS kit. Obviously rated for more power and has more aggressive engagement. The old clutch felt like this when first installed, but got heavier after about 300 miles, and the clutch chatter got louder. I imagine this will do the same. Can't tell yall how sweet it was to go through the gears and hear that exhaust, even at low boost. Going for a drive after work.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Picked up some fresh race wear for next season while in Seattle
1000004890.jpg