GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
IMG_6299.jpeg

Finally a color matching battery for my reflex silver one. 7 years and 13 weeks after production it got weak under cold starts. Still able to start the vehicle but no power steering for the first 3-4 seconds…

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Today I was attacked by a raccoon 😭

Attachments

• IMG_6114.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 60

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Sadly my infotainment screen failed today after 137,650 miles. No warning just went blank. Radio still works, buttons still respond but no button lights or screen. Still troubleshooting, but I think it's dead. Are there any sources for 8" mute non nav screens still?
IMG_4424.jpeg

Took a break from my wagon frustration to work on my TDI. TT front subframe assembly is ready to go in tomorrow. It's all used parts, (aside from the control arms and powerflex rack mount), but they are low mileage and in decent shape. I'm just hoping the rack doesn't leak til after the auto-x season is over.
IMG_4422.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Threw in the MHI2 unit I bought from @Nuje, and after shaving one of the connectors + making a few coding changes (had no sound until I changed the amp from "external-MOST" to "internal-individual"), everything worked flawlessly. Essentially plug-and-play!

Tomorrow I'll get a couple SD cards, convert the unit to MIB2.5, and swap in the AliExpress 9.2" display 😄

edit: if only it were that simple... APG locks the crap out of these units, so instead this is gonna take some tinkering on the bench for a few weeks to get working. :cautious:

navworks.jpg

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Some hooning and logging. Quite happy with my latest tune revision.

Less happy with the tin-can creaking, humming, resonating sounds of this car. It’s really wearing on me.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Some hooning and logging. Quite happy with my latest tune revision.

Less happy with the tin-can creaking, humming, resonating sounds of this car. It’s really wearing on me.
Lean into it, strip the car, actual tin can, hood dump. Can’t hear it creak or rattle if you’re deaf

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Managed to break a coil pack connector AND one of the coils while replacing plugs. All i could do was laugh to keep from getting pissed. New connector and coil packs on the way from FCP.

Attachments

• 20231028_102646.jpg
    20231028_102646.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29