GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Put 1z Gummi Pfledge on my door seals. Relieved that my 1.5 week old car is silent again and not a creak-box like my old VW's were. Next I have to figure out what the faint metallic rattling I am hearing under light acceleration. Not a sound that is worrisome but kind of annoying on a brand new car. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Put 1z Gummi Pfledge on my door seals. Relieved that my 1.5 week old car is silent again and not a creak-box like my old VW's were. Next I have to figure out what the faint metallic rattling I am hearing under light acceleration. Not a sound that is worrisome but kind of annoying on a brand new car. Any suggestions?

Wheres the rattling coming from? Could be the soundaktor.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
It is hard to tell. The sound is pretty faint. Doesn't sound like the soundaktor rattle that I've heard on a couple you tube videos. Sounds like it is in the middle of the engine bay. Sounds like if you were to lightly shake a chain link fence. Kind of high pitched. Not very loud but somewhat annoying. Starts around 1500 rpm.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It is hard to tell. The sound is pretty faint. Doesn't sound like the soundaktor rattle that I've heard on a couple you tube videos. Sounds like it is in the middle of the engine bay. Sounds like if you were to lightly shake a chain link fence. Kind of high pitched. Not very loud but somewhat annoying. Starts around 1500 rpm.

That is the wastegate arm. They all do it. If you reach in the back center of your engine compartment, you will see the arm on the turbo, tap it with your finger and you will hear the rattle.

efa5

Ready to race!
A long overdue wash and quick detail to get rid of the winter grime and to test out some CG products.

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Tried to program my Rear LED tail lights bought through BEC using OBDeleven, but instructions are obviously for VCDS. Does anyone have OBDeleven instructions for programing the lights purchased through BEC???

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!

I had this on mine and it was pretty loud. I also had some weird tapping sound. Of course, the dealer couldn't duplicate it. It was super worrisome. I traded the car in.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
I did my first oil and filter change last night... Like the first one ever on any car I've owned! Also did the clutch bleeder valve removal a few days ago.
That is the wastegate arm. They all do it. If you reach in the back center of your engine compartment, you will see the arm on the turbo, tap it with your finger and you will hear the rattle.
Wow. I wondered what that was ever since I got the car. Any way to stop the rattle?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I had this on mine and it was pretty loud. I also had some weird tapping sound. Of course, the dealer couldn't duplicate it. It was super worrisome. I traded the car in.
What did you get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk