GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

deanmarr

Ready to race!
IMG_2366.JPG Put on H&R sport springs

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Well hit 7k while rolling into work. After work I thought it took a little longer to start than normal. . . . Well on the way to hockey tonight got my first CEL in the mk7 also noticed my mpgs have dropped today. Looks like I will be taking a trip to the dealer to see what's up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RadleeBradlee

Ready to race!

Woke up to this. Fuck.

njavier03

Ready to race!
i feel your pain bro. i was driving to work this morning and a bucket fell out of a truck and got lodged in/under my front bumper. needless to say, i had to file a claim. on the bright side, i get a new one without the license plate holes being drilled.....

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Well hit 7k while rolling into work. After work I thought it took a little longer to start than normal. . . . Well on the way to hockey tonight got my first CEL in the mk7 also noticed my mpgs have dropped today. Looks like I will be taking a trip to the dealer to see what's up.

I've only had one issue on my car so far, and that was a bad coil pack. My mpgs dropped on one tank and when I went WOT, the car felt almost like a slipping clutch, but without the rpm surge. I did not get a trouble light immediately, but when I tried once more I did. The code was cylinder one misfire and cylinder deactivation. I bought a new coil pack for ~$30 (I avoid dealers like the plague) and switched out the bad one and was good to go.

Not saying that's your issue, but just one possible source of problem.

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed

That sucks sounds like a high pressure fuel pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I've only had one issue on my car so far, and that was a bad coil pack. My mpgs dropped on one tank and when I went WOT, the car felt almost like a slipping clutch, but without the rpm surge. I did not get a trouble light immediately, but when I tried once more I did. The code was cylinder one misfire and cylinder deactivation. I bought a new coil pack for ~$30 (I avoid dealers like the plague) and switched out the bad one and was good to go.

Not saying that's your issue, but just one possible source of problem.
Yeah I though about just getting the code read and fix it but I figure it's best to have it documented and mind as well take advantage of a potential warranty repair. So we will see i have kinda babied it since the CEL popped up.
That sucks sounds like a high pressure fuel pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would be a bummer!!

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Tried to program my Rear LED tail lights bought through BEC using OBDeleven, but instructions are obviously for VCDS. Does anyone have OBDeleven instructions for programing the lights purchased through BEC???

Get a Euro switch, and follow these instructions including the additional coding section.

Use these instructions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XdezEIDM84JbJzXtN-JEun9vP4f0uFM2vpHtYQmqam4/pubhtml

Same instructions for vcds and obdeleven. Obdeleven, go to central electronics, then adaptations, then search for each of the highlighted options in the above link. You'll figure it out.

This is a great resource, because the harness wiring instructions included with BEC have improper labels on the photos, leading to some accidentally wiring it wrong: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...P-Harness-for-Independent-Inner-Light-Control

PM for help just did this last week!