GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The skid tray which requires the two metal brackets is GRP...actually reinforced with aramid/Kevlar fibres ...& totally wrecked several new jigsaw blades when I had to alter mine to fit the Tiguan subframe cover.

There is also a thin plastic aero tray which is the same size & is in GTE spec (loads of vents), Diesel noise insulation spec (one or two vents)..& eco spec...no vents...

There is also the Mk8 Golf eco huge tray which is the same thin material, but also fully covers the front subframe..right up to the start of the exhaust tunnel...but really requires the Audi Aluminium subframe due to the rear fittings..
I have to hand it to you...your skid tray knowledge is impressive.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To be fair. You’re how to’s lead me to believe you’re the king of putting shit where it doesn’t belong but it fits well. I’m sure vw is keeping a close eye on u

They make the stuff based on the engineers designs for virtually every Golf....then the penny pinching bean counters get hold of it & say no...the marketing lot might be able to convince the bean counters to let them spec some of the stuff for certain markets with bad roads/weather etc...

All I'm doing is just fitting the lot....🤷‍♂️...

P.S...VW do watch me....the current Polo & Mk8 Golf undersides in most trim specs have way more underbody aero than previously fitted as standard spec...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here's some good reading on underbody aero...they compare the Mk5 -vs -Mk8 Golf....even comment on the bad design of the Mk7 e-Golf rear aero (none)....& manage to make the Mk8 Golf rear underbody aero better by 2% which is quiet a bit in aero terms!!

Volkswagen Golf Aerodynamics - How to cut emissions even further (airshaper.com)

PS this engineering firm I have come across due to a forum member on here & they basically strip the cars & do data analytics on them..

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
They make the stuff based on the engineers designs for virtually every Golf....then the penny pinching bean counters get hold of it & say no...the marketing lot might be able to convince the bean counters to let them spec some of the stuff for certain markets with bad roads/weather etc...

All I'm doing is just fitting the lot....🤷‍♂️...

P.S...VW do watch me....the current Polo & Mk8 Golf undersides in most trim specs have way more underbody aero than previously fitted as standard spec...
Makes sense. Considering the modular nature of vw’s platforms

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Several forum members here have started speaking out against this, and even suggested the tuner info is pending an update to change this suggestion.
Several forum members are misinformed. There are two RS7 plugs, one is made by Buru which are side firing ones and problematic these are not to be used. The other are NGK which have a great track record and are typically readily available.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Wrapped this up today, hopefully sometime in the next week I’ll get an opportunity to make some proper sound clips of it in action!

I wish you were closer, I want a valved aftermarket exhaust for my Camaro, but all the companies that make them have like 10 clamps all over them. And it's just an axle back muffler section...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wish you were closer, I want a valved aftermarket exhaust for my Camaro, but all the companies that make them have like 10 clamps all over them. And it's just an axle back muffler section...

I’ve had people drive further haha.

Excessive clamps (normally cheap slip fits) are nothing but trouble. Nothing like a quick release v band set up. It can come off the car as one piece or individually drop straight down for easy maintenance and no guess work on lining everything back up. Plus, no leaks and it’s not going anywhere once everything is locked down.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Gave my girl a wash this afternoon before work (did a full detail of wash, clay bar, polish and wax a month ago).
Typical it rained whilst I was at work :rolleyes:
Then took a few pics on the way home.

20210430_210518.jpg
20210430_210556no2.jpg
20210430_210636.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Excessive clamps (normally cheap slip fits) are nothing but trouble. Nothing like a quick release v band set up. It can come off the car as one piece or individually drop straight down for easy maintenance and no guess work on lining everything back up. Plus, no leaks and it’s not going anywhere once everything is locked down.
I drove from Richmond VA lol

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
IMG_0971.jpg

Tint was applied today! :cool: 30% all around 80% on windshield.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Yeah, that's what kills me. It's like 12" of pipe and a muffler but they're all designed like this:
Screenshot_20210430-192808.png

I want something simple and clean like the AWE axle back, but with a valved pass through:
Screenshot_20210430-192328.png

I'll PM you if I can talk my wife into letting me take a road trip, haha.