GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Finally got round to adding a clutch stop and removing the clutch spring. Makes the car feel like a totally different animal now!
Saw over on vwroc a DIY install,. I used a rubber door stop (purchased from a local hardware store for £1.50/$2) and used a stanley knife to trim it down to 12mm. Added at wall plug into the hole where the oem plug was and then screwed the door stop in! 10 minute job for both and it's made the world of difference. Coupled with removing the clutch spring the gear shifts feel much more engaging and responsive!
Now need to go for a "spirited" drive 😁🤣

sheldon902

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
New wheels! Fast FC04 18x8 in bronze
PXL_20210429_151550153.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Paid to have it detailed for the first time ever.

It’s really too late, but I’d still like to have it ceramic coated one of these days
How often do you wash it and how clean do you like it to be? If you insist on keeping it clean and wash it a lot, it's never too late to ceramic coat. It stays cleaner longer and cuts the wash and dry time in half. Plus no waxing for a couple years. Buys you a lot of time back. They can coat right over those rock chips and little dings you've no doubt accumulated over the miles.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Paid to have it detailed for the first time ever.

It’s really too late, but I’d still like to have it ceramic coated one of these days
I love my ceramic coat. I did one of the inexpensive DIY brands and a few months in I’m still impressed… maintenance washes are a breeze and it takes much longer to get noticeably dirty.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Agreed, my car is done, but the wife's isn't. We drive my car about 3x more than hers, but hers is filthy the first time we venture out and mine looks clean unless it gets rained on. She's due for a new one, I think I'll just coat it from the start.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Agreed, my car is done, but the wife's isn't. We drive my car about 3x more than hers, but hers is filthy the first time we venture out and mine looks clean unless it gets rained on. She's due for a new one, I think I'll just coat it from the start.

We had the wife’s coated ASAP and it’s worth every penny. I only say it’s too late for mine because it’s got 104k miles on it and I wish I’d done it sooner.

Hers is always garage kept, and she doesn’t work so it should stay nice a long time. We’re planning on it being our kids first car, hopefully.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
With proper prep work, 104k miles isn't too bad. I'd recommend a full decontamination stage with something like Iron X, a full clay and then a one or two stage paint correction before applying a ceramic. White is a pain since it's the hardest paint, but it's also the hardest paint, so it tends to have fewer imperfections.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Detailed mine as well and took it for a quick spin around the block. I think my 4runner is getting jealous of the GTI sitting in the garage so much, LOL.

image0 (2).jpg

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
i don’t love black cars, but I love yours.
Thank you!
I’m just glad I have health insurance for the inevitable therapy I’ll need to treat the OCD this paint gives me

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I finally did it........ I went eqt.....

Screenshot_20210430-075935_Yahoo Mail.jpg