GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Oil change and plugs. Swapped to ngk rutheniums. Hoping to have the new tunes soon so figured I'd do some prep work tonight.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed the bumperdillio thing from @Acadia18 , and installed @Chet Ubetcha spoiler extension. I love both of them. One for looks, one for practicality. Also gave it a quick bath before hand. Needs a decontamination, but this was just a quick one. Now to my buddy's garage to install sway bars tonight or in the morning!

Attachments

• 20210501_164153.jpg
    20210501_164153.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
  • 20210501_164207.jpg
    20210501_164207.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 107
  • 20210501_164138.jpg
    20210501_164138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Parked next to a cousin. Mk6 meet Mk7. Don't know what it is, but if I see another Golf, I try to park next to it. Came out to this nice GTI parked next to me for once. Sounds stupid, but just makes me happy.

Tangent : passed a very sweet Datsun 510 wagon. Was super clean. Wish I got a pic but was driving.

20210501_185212.jpg

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Put a 25mm Eibach RR sway bar on my car today. I mean...holy $%@#. The difference that it makes is profound. I had no idea. I knew that my car pushed through aggressive turns, but the new sway bar creates almost completely neutral handling. I can just throw the car into a turn, and there's no lean, no dip. Nothing. I am putting on the Eibach Pro Kit next weekend. I expect that the car is going to feel completely planted. I just had no idea how much difference one rear sway bar was going to make. Wow.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Put a 25mm Eibach RR sway bar on my car today. I mean...holy $%@#. The difference that it makes is profound. I had no idea. I knew that my car pushed through aggressive turns, but the new sway bar creates almost completely neutral handling. I can just throw the car into a turn, and there's no lean, no dip. Nothing. I am putting on the Eibach Pro Kit next weekend. I expect that the car is going to feel completely planted. I just had no idea how much difference one rear sway bar was going to make. Wow.
What did you do for endlinks?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I used the Moog endlinks. Super beefy. Loved the Zerk grease fitting. If you do it, use ramps, not jackstands. Super easy.
I actually did a similar set up myself a few months ago (Moog endlinks + ST RSB), and yeah, those fittings are great! Real easy to get to when oil change time rolls around.