GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
I actually did a similar set up myself a few months ago (Moog endlinks + ST RSB), and yeah, those fittings are great! Real easy to get to when oil change time rolls around.
So did you feel the same crazy change in the handling, or is it just me? It's how I would have liked it come from the factory.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So did you feel the same crazy change in the handling, or is it just me? It's how I would have liked it come from the factory.
It’s a huge difference in the twisties. Under rated mod.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I love it. Feels much more planted in turns and curves...much more "chuckable". I also have the Eurosport front stress bar. Between those two, the car really livened up.

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Bought a new garage, I mean house with a 2 car detached garage. House is recently reno'd, but the garage needs some love. Square roof built in the 1920s, 20x20, asphalt floor, no driveway, and two romex lines for power. Need to organize everything, but managed to get one Mk7 in for the night! Not sure if I'll expand this garage or knock it down and start fresh.
View attachment 212180
Nice! Build that sucker into a mancave garage. Complete with bar and TV. Work on your car...pour a beverage...watch a game.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Looking it up now. Upper or lower bar?
Upper. The link StorableComa posted is the one I picked up. Well worth the cost IMHO and the install is stupid stupid easy and the effect is noticeable right off the bat.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
To follow suit I just pulled an all nighter doing my ED rear sway bar with the moog end links and a super pro front sway bar. Kept the stock front end links for now on the front. Didn't do too much twistys on the way home (did it in my brother in laws garage) but what little I did do felt amazing! And of course the bro in law had to have me upload what got booted out of its bed to work on "the half a car" as he calls it. Lol

Attachments

• 20210501_232021.jpg
    20210501_232021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 20210502_025843.jpg
    20210502_025843.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20210501_232757.jpg
    20210501_232757.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • 20210501_232821.jpg
    20210501_232821.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • 20210501_232044.jpg
    20210501_232044.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
To follow suit I just pulled an all nighter doing my ED rear sway bar with the moog end links and a super pro front sway bar. Kept the stock front end links for now on the front. Didn't do too much twistys on the way home (did it in my brother in laws garage) but what little I did do felt amazing! And of course the bro in law had to have me upload what got booted out of its bed to work on "the half a car" as he calls it. Lol
How was the front install. I heard you have to drop the sub frame. How hard is that, and do you need specific equipment?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How was the front install. I heard you have to drop the sub frame. How hard is that, and do you need specific equipment?
You do have to drop the sub frame. It seams overwhelming at first, but it really isnt that bad. You will need a front end alignment once completed. We did it off jack stands, but it would go alot better on a lift if you have access to one.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Today I installed a powerflex hybrid mount, changed the DSG fluid and recalibrated trans, did the air intake cutout mod, and installed a high flow AFE filter. I gotta say, the additional noise from the turbo is minty fresh. I also LOVE the powerflex hybrid.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got 'em both in the garage! Biggest issue with the property is the garage is the only place to park a car. There is literally no driveway and the rest of the lot is elevated 2-3 feet above street level. Currently you have to pull the cars out to get at tools etc so I might need a small shed lol.
View attachment 212216
View attachment 212217
I can finally start to budget for a pair of DAZA swaps now!

Id recommend adding onto the existing garage off the back. Building three walls is cheaper than four, plus then you’ve already got power there. Even if the addition only has shed doors from outside (better in my opinion to keep dirty lawn equipment out of your clean car space).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Id recommend adding onto the existing garage off the back. Building three walls is cheaper than four, plus then you’ve already got power there. Even if the addition only has shed doors from outside (better in my opinion to keep dirty lawn equipment out of your clean car space).
That's a tough roof style to add on to.