GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Track setup mounted. 18x9 ET 45 with 255/35/18. No rubbing so far (but have barely driven it). In the sunlight the gunmetal shines nicely and is more of a dark silver.

3AEFECA3-6C1F-4A08-9533-6488598D0CD2.jpeg
1F8149B1-9985-44CD-AD85-B96E078A6EAB.jpeg

Unfortunately, I left the cargo cover for the rear hatch under my storage unit overnight (wouldn’t fit with the wheels/tires in car) and someone stole it! My neighbors leave stuff out and it’s all hidden from the street so I didn’t worry, but live and learn. Just such a weird thing for someone to steal.

Last edited:

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
My buddy just did this to his 2017 Gti whatcha guys think.

Attachments

• 021E1B5B-5D26-4B59-A173-E996BBE91ACC.jpeg
    021E1B5B-5D26-4B59-A173-E996BBE91ACC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think it looks busy, too much pattern. But maybe it's just the light/flash catching all of the shades of gray/silver. Also, it's just my opinion which doesn't matter if your friend likes it. It's their car so... if they like it I love it!

Edit: they're ≠ their

Last edited:

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I think it looks busy, too much pattern. But maybe it's just the light/flash catching all of the shades of gray/silver. Also, it's just my opinion which doesn't matter if your friend likes it. It's they're car so... if they like it I love it!

Lol agreed I told him it’s too busy

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Finally washed it after weeks of snow and salt.

Funny (not actually) story. While driving to work a couple weeks ago I ended up stuck behind a salt truck. The truck wasn't actively spraying salt onto the road, but it crushed a pot hole, the truck bounced, and a shit ton of salt bounced out of the back of the truck. It all hit the front of my car. I didn't think much of it until I washed it, but now there's a ton of little tiny dings and chips all over my hood, bumper, and headlights.

Thankfully my comprehensive deductible is only $100 I guess. 🤷‍♂️

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Jake keeps talking me out of those brakes, but those look SO awesome...
Thanks! I love them, they feel so much better than the non-pp brakes. They are certainly overkill for most of my driving, but I found the limits of the stock brakes once before and had to keep that limit in mind even on our BOTD trip. Could I haven gotten away with pads and fluid? Sure...but this solves that issue with headroom to spare for when this car is eventually (5-7 years) retired from DD duties!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks! I love them, they feel so much better than the non-pp brakes. They are certainly overkill for most of my driving, but I found the limits of the stock brakes once before and had to keep that limit in mind even on our BOTD trip. Could I haven gotten away with pads and fluid? Sure...but this solves that issue with headroom to spare for when this car is eventually (5-7 years) retired from DD duties!
Yeah the advice for good pads with my pp brakes is good enough for sure.....never experienced fade on our drive, so I guess I'll keep with just pads. Now if I find random $800 laying around.......maybe lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
a few days ago, upgraded to the 8" touchscreen and touch Climatronic interface. works flawlessly in my 16 R

Gotta get the digital dash in now.