GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Maybe it's the pictures or my eyes, but it looks like a thick, overly kit? Not true trim replacement pieces, but not like a flat vinyl either. Like, 1mm-2mm thick pre-cut stuff maybe? It kind has a "puffy" look to it?
They are oem pieces that get sanded for bonding then you mask the backs off to protect the mounting points. Then dust with spray adhesive drop the pieces of chopped up carbon weave on top and pour a liquid epoxy over that, then sand and polish... I talked to the guys who made this kit for him, they are in Malaysia ( MUGATU).

I started a project on the door handles when I first got the steering wheel... it a messy as a diy- lol and a year later I’ve still not wanted to finish it haha!

First pic shows how I did a bootleg version of vacuum forming it 😂😂

Last pic is how they sit on the shelf now and still need lots of sanding , then clear coat.
495692A0-B1F7-4E9C-9962-40F5724B233B.jpeg
E12B60F2-D712-4839-88F7-2486A93D311B.jpeg
F5A689A2-01E1-4FE4-911E-4C87EEE03012.jpeg
6C14F584-05C7-4667-A7A3-DD63C387560C.jpeg
CE59FE90-F0C8-407E-95C1-C4B69A8F9CE6.jpeg

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
its like sitting in your friends Italian grandparents house where they have pillars in the bathroom. The 80's were super weird for those of us that lived it lol. Black tiled bathrooms....barf

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They are oem pieces that get sanded for bonding then you mask the backs off to protect the mounting points. Then dust with spray adhesive drop the pieces of chopped up carbon weave on top and pour a liquid epoxy over that, then sand and polish... I talked to the guys who made this kit for him, they are in Malaysia ( MUGATU).

I started a project on the door handles when I first got the steering wheel... it a messy as a diy- lol and a year later I’ve still not wanted to finish it haha!

First pic shows how I did a bootleg version of vacuum forming it 😂😂

Last pic is how they sit on the shelf now and still need lots of sanding , then clear coat. View attachment 204937View attachment 204936View attachment 204938View attachment 204939View attachment 204935

Mugatu?

zoolander-designer-feature.jpg

That stuff does look like it would be part of the Derelicte collection...

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Those photos make it look better than the first one but it's still not to my taste.

Can appreciate the work and effort put into it though.
I can at least appreciate the work and effort. It's pretty well-done, even if I don't appreciate the style of materials/color scheme chosen. Clashes with the red theme of the car

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I went a little spend happy today. Looks like the R is getting some upgrades to go with the spoiler extension I purchased when I get home!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-210724_Firefox Nightly.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-210724_Firefox Nightly.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 128

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
He really needs to address the red stitching on the boot, door cards, ebrake, elsewhere in the cabin. Needs to be white to match the seats and the theme.

Other than that, he did a really good job.

So just buy an R and move everything over? Sounds like a good plan.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R